Holiday ideas please

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

broadhorizons29
Senior User
Senior User

Holiday ideas please

Post by broadhorizons29 »

Mum has got very excited about us going on a seaside holiday this year as it will be my first one. I am Oscar, one of Maggie's puppies and Mum thinks that by June I will be very fine and proper to take to a good B and B, cottage for just Mum and me or caravan but must be near a dog friendly beach and plenty of walkies!!!!! We live in Nantwich so North Wales coast, Llyn peninsula or Angelsey would be good. Mum is an artist and would like to work on some coastal scenes but I just want fun, fun, fun......................
Has anyone ideas please?

LinJ and Oscar :2379:
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Holiday ideas please

Post by Gemma T »

We took our mum and dad and our grandmums up to Scotland to a little village called Kirkcolm on the Rhins of Galloway near Stranraer. We found a lovely long beach we could run on every morning and explored lots of other beaches too. Mum got very excited about taking photos of things called Red squiggles and we charged about a lot.
We think you'd like it Ocsar

Love and licks
Max & Kips.

Daisy says it sounds like fun but I didn't live with mum and dad then xx
broadhorizons29
Senior User
Senior User

Hi Gemma, Thanks for details of your lovely holiday. Trouble with Scotland is that it is soooo far for Mum to drive as she is on her own. I am glad that you all had a fab time.
LinJ and Oscar :thumbup:
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Hi Lin,

http://www.iknow-wales.co.uk/north_wale ... g_friendly

Replace the north wales with llyn peninsula,hope ok.

Kay.xx
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Hi Lin,

Don't know what happened to the dog bit but if you click on it takes you to the site.

Kay.xx
broadhorizons29
Senior User
Senior User

Hi Kay, Thanks for holiday info it looks great! I will start looking in earnest tomorrow and will let you know if I have booked anything. Oscar is getting his surfing board ready as I type!!!!
LinJ and Oscar :1968:
janrob
New User
New User

Post by janrob »

:thumbup: Most Travelodge hotels take dogs. You can take up to 2 dogs. Cost is a one off £20 per dog per stay (however long). We always use Travelodge- humans can get some good nightly rates if you look on their site and book in advance. Molly and Flo have wonderful holidays all together with us as a family. Hope this information is useful janrob
broadhorizons29
Senior User
Senior User

Thanks, I tend to forget lodges and B and B's. mMight just fit the bill nicely. I will pull up a site map and see what there is. Glad you have enjoyed stays in the past.
Best wishes
Lin and Oscar :2379:
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

You could always try the Wirral which has some lovely beaches at Thurstaston, Hoylake and West Kirby - all looking across the River Dee to North Wales!

There is a caravan site at Thurstaston, but I think you need your own caravan.

I've just googled B&B's in Wirral and there are a couple in West Kirby, Irby and around - don't know if they take dogs.

If you do come to the Wirral please get in touch, I'd love to meet you and Oscar and I'm sure that Oscar and Lily would have a great time playing together on the beach!

Jane
broadhorizons29
Senior User
Senior User

Hi Jane, Thanks for the tip on the Wirral. I think in all of my 25 years in Cheshire I have only had one day on the Wirral! I have seen lovely photos of beaches and walks so perhaps a look at B and B's caravan sites etc. would make a nice short break. You mentioned Oscar and Lily, is Lily one of Maggie's puppies? I couldn't get to fun day (more is the pity) so missed out on meeting puppies, other than Shiva who we met at Tatton a month or so ago. I will certainly get in touch if I arrange something and we can meet up.
Many thanks for the idea.
Lin and Oscar
:2379:
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

No Lily is not one of Maggie's pups.

She is approx two and half to three - adopted last October aged two - but she always eemed younger than that. She adores a good run around with anyone that will play with her!

There is a photo of her in general doggy chat - Enjoying the Rain! or maybe not!