Holiday recommendation

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sallydog1

Holiday recommendation

Post by sallydog1 »

Oh yes, can certainly recommend Park Cottage, Stowford, Devon. Been several times and going again next year. Massive, escape-proof garden and very secluded. Not luxurious but very comfortable - and very reasonable. Go to http://www.acpi.org.uk/cottage and look for the website in the list. The owners, who bookings are made through, are: Bob and Mary Hopkins, 70 St Thomas Road, Sheffield, S10 1UX. Tel: 0114 267 8266. Email: hopkins.the@gmial.com :2362:
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Holiday recommendation

Post by mollie »

Thank you for that - we will be looking for somewhere like that next year.
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
broadhorizons29
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Holiday recommendation

Post by broadhorizons29 »

Hi Sallydog, Many thanks for the Devon recommendation. I have looked at it and spoken to Mary re booking in May next year. It looks fab and I can collect my cousin from Somerset en route can't wait!!!! I will let you know how we get on (Oscar, one of Maggie's puppies, myself and cuz).

:thumbup:
broadhorizons29
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Holiday recommendation Exmoor

Post by broadhorizons29 »

Hi, Oscar and I have just returned from this property in Stowford, Exmoor and I would recommend this to all who want a very reasonably priced holiday cottage; two bedrooms, 1 twin, one double plus bunk beds. The cottage is comfortablet not luxury but wait for it......there is a small brook running through the good sized garden at the rear, IDEAL for Labradors and in fact Oscar has been having a sulk since we returned home! Lots of fantastic walks within 1 hours drive and also National Trust properties. Other than choosing to go on holiday with a "non dog" relative it was really good. I will try to work my way through photobucket and put some pics of our holiday on the site. Contact details re cottage are with the original post.

Lin and Oscardude

:2379: