southern lakes

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mcca
Senior User
Senior User

southern lakes

Post by mcca »

Hi folks another recommendation for dog friendly accomadation this time from owners direct
We went to milnthorpe near Kendal ref e1096
We had made an enquiry about grange over sands ref e 1097
But it was booked so the owner offered us his other property a 2 bed small house on an estate in a small town/village with a fab butchers really great pork pies
A small enclosed garden but enough for early and late comfort breaks loads of places to walk with a short drive
The owners were very helpful and rang the house to find out if we had found things /worked out the heating etc less than £300 for a school holds week and no charge for the dogs
There are 2 bedrooms one double and one twin the double bed was up against the window so a couple would have to be more agile than us we took the twins lovely big room with fab views and gave my sister the double
If you watched spring watch we were only about 5 miles from there and could see the estuary from the window
I asked the owner if he wanted the dogs to sleep in the kitchen or hall he said
I know some dogs get on furniture if yours do please put a cover on
No big list of rules
Hope this is helpful
Anne jess and bracken