Hotel in Scotland near dumfries

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

daltonel

Hotel in Scotland near dumfries

Post by daltonel »

Have been 2 years on the run to a dog friendly hotel in Scotland. I found it by pure accident on the internet. It is lovely, very close to a castle with a large estate you can walk round. The hotel owners are very friendly, Tia even got a doggy welcome box on arrival! They provide dog towels and they can sit with you while you eat in the bar area. It is called Trigony house hotel, in closeburn. Well worth a look.
mollysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Hotel in Scotland near dumfries

Post by mollysmum »

Beautiful place to stay but, in our experience, not with dogs. You must have gone on a good week. Unfortunately when we stopped Trigony House it was not quite so good. Found them to barely tolerate dogs not welcome them and got nasty notes left on the bed about the dog hair! and this was only 2 years ago - not a place I would go to again with dogs.
daltonel

Post by daltonel »

Really! I am surprised, been twice and had no issues, going to go again this year. That's sad you didn't have a good experience :-(
daltonel

Post by daltonel »

Just had a wonderful 3 day break stay at trigony house hotel, the owners were very welcoming, Tia was pretty spoilt. They kept stoking the fire for her, saved a her a sausage at breakfast every day, provided us with clean towels, a dog bed and a cost blanket. Food was really good, staff were very friendly, will most definitely be visiting again. Highly recommended!
http://www.countryhousehotelscotland.com
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Looks lovely I especially like the sound of the garden suite that would be ideal with dogs - looks like they really welcome dogs too.

Jackie x
daltonel

Post by daltonel »

jackie wrote:Looks lovely I especially like the sound of the garden suite that would be ideal with dogs - looks like they really welcome dogs too. Jackie x
They do Jackie! Well worth a trip, they do some good mini breaks and last minute deals :-)
my bobby
Senior User
Senior User

Post by my bobby »

As there seems to be some excellent reviews on trip advisor and on here I wonder if maybe they have changed owners of the hotel at some point in the last two years ?

Carol and Bobby x

Labradors are miracles with paws xx

Carol F :-
daltonel

Post by daltonel »

No changes since I have been going and this was our third year this year. It's worth a look as it's lovely