stranrear

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mcca
Senior User
Senior User

stranrear

Post by mcca »

hi folks we are just back from a big family get together for xmas in 2 dog friendly cottages at east challoch farm
www.eastchalloch.co.uk
we shared the 3 bed cottage with our son his wife and 2 daughters and the 3 malt kiln labs
next door our daughter her husband 2 sons and 2 rescue lurchers my sister who was 81 on xmas day had a fab ensuite room in the b/b so she had somewhere to go when tired

the 2 bed has a great layout with a kitchen that can be closed off for the dogs
the 3 bed has been recently refurbed with new settees and a new shower cubicle in one of the 2 bathrooms but the stairs come down into the kitchen and the bathrooms are downstairs
each cottage has a lovely garden but they are not enclosed unless you use the car to block the entrance however loads of places to walk on lead our dogs are aged between 8 and 12 and dont jump on furniture without an invite so we had no problems letting them sleep in the sitting room so i didnt fall over bracken on my nocturnal travels the tarriff for xmas week was great though even the summer hols is less than £450 and we were very comfy the little cottage has an open fire and they supplied a large bag of logs
anne jess and bracken
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Re: stranrear

Post by Willow »

Lovely recommendation Anne and it sounds like you had a wonderful, family Christmas xx

:sm1:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: stranrear

Post by jackie »

Yes agree with Joanna it sounds like you had a great Christmas. Nice spot over that side of Scotland, quite quiet we stayed near Port Patrick a few years ago. You managed to get a bargain too as normally they hike the prices up at Christmas.

Jackie x