Cosy Nook Holiday Cottage LAST MINUTE DEALS FOR JULY

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Cosy Nook Holiday Cottage LAST MINUTE DEALS FOR JULY

Post by jackiem »

The credit crunch has meant that we are left with two weeks available in July for the cottage- w/c 12th and 26th.
The usual price is £275.00 per week in July but I would be willing to consider offers for either week if you know anyone who would like to come to spend a restful week with the occasional walk around Rudyard Lake or Tittesworth Reservoir (two or three miles away), part of the Gritstone Trail or the Staffordshire Way (on the doorstep) or you could visit the Potteries to stock up on crockery and glass at factory prices, visit historic houses such as Shugborough Hall, Chatsworth, Tatton Park, Arley Hall, Little Moreton Hall etc etc. We are right in the midst of it all with less than an hours drive. Trentham Gardens is fun with its Italian Gardens, Monkey Sanctuary, fantastic garden centre. Alton Towers with its gardens and the rides (if you are that way inclined) is just 17 miles away. I could go on but I think you get the idea. Please spread the word to anyone you may know.
FOR EITHER OF THESE WEEKS, I WILL ASK FOR THE PAYMENT TO ME TO BE JUST TWO THIRDS OF THE ACCEPTED OFFER AND THE REMAINING ONE THIRD TO BE DONATED DIRECT TO THE RESCUE. eg AN OFFER OF £210 WOULD BE SPLIT £140 AND £70. On the basis that I do not like the cottage to be empty, try an offer of £180 for the 12 July week (a saving of £95) and the amounts to pay would be £120 to me and £60 to the Rescue
Payment can be made by Paypal for both the cottage rental and for the donation to the Rescue. Full details of the cottage can be found at www.cottageguide.co.uk/cosynook and if you would like to see what previous guests have said about the cottage, please visit www.therealvisitorsbook.co.uk (or read Bob and Ali's review under the "Cosy Nook" thread) and search the postcode SK11 0QU. You can then link into the cottage web page from that site.
Jackie
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Very kind of you Jackie, hopefully you will get your cottage booked and raise funds for the Rescue. The cottage looks lovely and there are some lovely places to visit in the area, we have visited the area a few times now, I love Chatsworth. Sadly our gang would not squeeze into the cottage :( will definitely visit when the kids have flown the nest in a year or so!

Jackie x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Very kind of you Jackie if you mention also doggies are welcome am sure you will be snapped up xx
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Yes Glenys. It goes without saying that doggies are absolutely welcome!
Jackie
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

Looks lovely I must say. It's quite delightful round Rushton Spencer and as you point out lots of great things to see. A fellow Dartmoor sheep breeder must live not far from you then - as Rushton Spencer is not such a very big place! :)
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

benjiesmum wrote:Looks lovely I must say. It's quite delightful round Rushton Spencer and as you point out lots of great things to see. A fellow Dartmoor sheep breeder must live not far from you then - as Rushton Spencer is not such a very big place! :)
Hi
The only chap that I know who breeds sheep other than the farmers is called Syd.
Could it be him?
Jackie
samsung
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by samsung »

:wink:
It is a wonderful part of the country & we would recommend it to everyone.
For us it's on the door step .

Sammy the water rat ( who almost swam across Rudyard lake on monday )
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

samsung wrote::wink:
It is a wonderful part of the country & we would recommend it to everyone.
For us it's on the door step .

Sammy the water rat ( who almost swam across Rudyard lake on monday )
I didn't realise that Sammy the Water Rat was so close to us! We are about a two mile walk along the Staffordshire Way to Rudyard Lake (though of course you can drive and park up). Maybe I will bump into you one day when I am walking though sadly not with Max as he can't go for walks anymore. Max enjoyed his walks along the Staffordshire Way towards the Lake. He never attempted to jump in, the most water he likes is to drink from the hose pipe when I'm watering the plants!
Jackie
samsung
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by samsung »

:lol: :lol:
Sammy the water rat will swim in any water , he discovered he could swim not long after we adopted him . One cold December morning in the river Dove, he jumped in & that was it ..........
After a quick doggy paddle splash or sink , he now swims like a large otter .
May have to change his sign out name to

Sammy the water otter :D :D
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

A quick update for anyone who has passed on the word to family or friends - Cosy Nook is no longer available for the week commencing 12.7.08.
Jackie
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

jackiem wrote:
benjiesmum wrote:Looks lovely I must say. It's quite delightful round Rushton Spencer and as you point out lots of great things to see. A fellow Dartmoor sheep breeder must live not far from you then - as Rushton Spencer is not such a very big place! :)
Hi
The only chap that I know who breeds sheep other than the farmers is called Syd.
Could it be him?
Jackie
Yep!!! That's the very man - but I call him "Grumps"!!!!!!!!! He doesn't mind in the least. Say hello Grumps to him for me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

benjiesmum wrote:
jackiem wrote:
Hi
Could it be him?
Jackie
Yep!!! That's the very man - but I call him "Grumps"!!!!!!!!! He doesn't mind in the least. Say hello Grumps to him for me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I certainly will! I popped up to see Syd today but he wasn't there. Next time I see him I will say hello from you.

One of the people who has adopted a dog from the rescue lives about half way between our house and Syd's house.

It really is a small world!

Jackie
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Both weeks have now been let though sadly not through this site.
One last remaining week for 2008 Summer Season which is w/c 23 August. Same deal will apply.
Jackie
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Goodness! I can't keep up. The final remaining week of the season has now been booked (23.8.08).
Please remember though that full details of the cottage and availability can be seen under the "members' services" section of this website.
We love to see the guest dogs (and their owners) and we are open all year round. Next availability is week commencing 8.11.08.
10% of the cost will go to the rescue for any bookings as a result of this site.
Jackie