Ever considered a house swap

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

westie

Ever considered a house swap

Post by westie »

We are now the proud owners of Sweep, a tender 13 year old lab. Immediately I am thinking of holidays with our dog. We've house swapped before and the experience has been great each time - I feel great leaving my home looking at its best and its fabulous enjoying the comforts of a regular home where you can help yourself to the odd bit of washing powder or HP Sauce. Swappers are often people like yourself, with the same shower curtain or cookery books. I've always had no problem with the thought of anyone staying in our home.

Anyway I've found a new website ukholidayhomeswapshop.co.uk that lists a good number of houses that will do pet friendly swaps - I've applied for a few. If you fancy a swap to the Eden Valley in Cumbria check us out on this house swap site under Appleby in Westmorland.

happy hols

Karen and family :1963:
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Ever considered a house swap

Post by jackie »

Pleased to hear you took Sweep on in the end. Would love to see some pictures of her.

Haven't really considered a house swap before but it makes good sense in the current economic climate. We often holiday in cottages around the UK so this would be an alternative - will have a look at this site, it is good to know they accept dogs too.

Jackie x
natty

Post by natty »

Nobody would want mine i would have to offer a discount :1968: also it would involve housework :2008: :2008:
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

natty wrote:Nobody would want mine i would have to offer a discount :1968: also it would involve housework :2008: :2008:
Hadn't thought of that Rowena! Hmmm yes you would have to clean every nook and cranny wouldn't you as you would feel under close scrutiny.

Jackie x
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

The website link doesn't seem to be working. :oops: Is it the correct address?
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
westie

Post by westie »

Sorry - it is ukholidayswapshop

Have fun looking. Good on the pet friendly side. Ours is Appleby in Westmorland 190 if anyone is up for a swap.

Thanks

Karen :wink:
muddy paws
New User
New User

Post by muddy paws »

Wow Karen.

Your house looks fabulous, and so do a lot of them, never really considered this before.

It definately looks a good way to beat the credit crunch.

Caroline and Lucy
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Karen - if I came to stay at your house, you'd never get me to leave!!! :1968: :1968: :1968:

Marge xx
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x