lakes windermere/ bowness

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jillwild

lakes windermere/ bowness

Post by jillwild »

just had a fab weekend break at a hotel damson denne,food great, fantastic room,[great veiws] pool, sauna ,steam room ,jaquzzi [even though a little small ] gym also. it was just lovley to steam and swim after a great day walking. dogs no probs, allowed everywhere apart from the restarant, nice to give them a hour off before they have to go to the pub, hee hee,. just found it a very nice and quite place for a doggy weekend in the lakes. must admint when i walked round bowness it was like a lab convention, even on the boat i had a choc and a black looking lovingly at me. what a fab weekend we had. very busy though, was easter weekend though.lv jill n boo
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: lakes windermere/ bowness

Post by jackie »

Sounds just what I need Jill - pleased you had a great time, hope you have some pictures for us.

Jackie x
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

Glad you had such a great time. We were driving out of the Lakes on Good Friday and astounded by just how much traffic was heading in the opposite direction. No wonder it was busy!!
Gemma x
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

just had a look at Damson Dene, it looks lovely, i've bookmarked it to it keep in mind for hols.

jan xx
It is never too late.
jillwild

Post by jillwild »

Gemma T wrote:Glad you had such a great time. We were driving out of the Lakes on Good Friday and astounded by just how much traffic was heading in the opposite direction. No wonder it was busy!!
Gemma x
yes it was mad Gemma, but your not that far are you? it is such a gorgeous green lovley part of the world, id love to live in one of those cottages up in the hills surounded by horses and a housefull of happy smiling labs. my idea of heaven. jill n boo
jillwild

Post by jillwild »

janhind wrote:just had a look at Damson Dene, it looks lovely, i've bookmarked it to it keep in mind for hols.

jan xx
we will be going back. the hotel was fab and the staff, ever so friendly to you and all doggys there. just a nice quiet lovely place to be with doggy people who you can sit and chat with in the bar. i would recomend it to anyone. just wish i could have stayed longer. jill n boo
Simbas Mum
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Simbas Mum »

Ive put it in my favourites too. I feel a weekend break coming on :1945:
Jasminesmum
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Jasminesmum »

jillwild wrote:it is such a gorgeous green lovley part of the world, id love to live in one of those cottages up in the hills surounded by horses and a housefull of happy smiling labs. my idea of heaven. jill n boo
Mine too. We love the lakes, just come back from a week away in the caravan up Ulswater. We try and get a break somewhere in the lakes as often as we can.

Hotel looks fab, will keep a note of it for the colder months when we don't use the caravan as much.

Debbie and Jas x
Debbie x
mollysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollysmum »

Just come home from a two night break at Damson Dene and must say we were very impressed with every thing from the food, staff and the room. I have never seen so many dogs in one hotel at any one time, it was great. Thanks for the recommendation Jill and Boo.
Linda