Dog friendly motorhomes

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Dog friendly motorhomes

Post by jackie »

We are thinking about touring Scotland next year with the girls and would prefer to do it in a motorhome as it gives us the flexibility we like. I have just started to look into it in detail and came across this fantastic site so thought I would share it on here - http://www.barknride.co.uk

They have designed and adapted motorhomes to accomodate dogs :1941:

Jackie x
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Dog friendly motorhomes

Post by benjiesmum »

Oh those are just wonderful.

I want one. :1963: :1954:

I see they have doggy first aid kits in them too. Wonder where they got them??? :2063:
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

This is a bit of a dilemma for us cos although we love the idea of a motorhome and even thought of hiring one to tour NZ, we have booked a villa in Portugal, with a pool, for 2 weeks, and with 2 weeks car hire too the cost is about £1000 for the two of us. We may even have a good bit of sunshine thrown in. See what I mean? :2009:

Luckily Bonnie has a great time on her hols without us. Sorry Bonnie, can't come. :2006:

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

That looks fantastic.

jan xx
It is never too late.
Simon
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Simon »

That is just great!
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

what a great idea
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Brilliant, looks like they've thought of everything :1945:

Alison x
triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by triomum »

Hi Jackie. Don't forget to call in on us if you do come. Fantastic campsites right by the beach. Check out Camus Darach campsite - the facilities are excellent and it has direct access on to the 'world famous' Local Hero beach!!!! Julie
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Will do Julie, planning on a trip to Scotland in the next few months not sure what part though. Not been up your way for a while as my sister has now moved from Roy Bridge to Park City in Utah!

Jackie x
triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by triomum »

Hi Jackie. I take it that's a bit further away from Fort William than Roy Bridge!!!! How inconsiderate of your sister - you should demand that she moves back!!!!! You could base your stops on where the labs live - me near Mallaig, Karen and Buster in Lewis and I'm sure there are a few people in the borders and other parts too!!! Julie
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

triomum wrote:Hi Jackie. I take it that's a bit further away from Fort William than Roy Bridge!!!! How inconsiderate of your sister - you should demand that she moves back!!!!! You could base your stops on where the labs live - me near Mallaig, Karen and Buster in Lewis and I'm sure there are a few people in the borders and other parts too!!! Julie
:1968: Yes very inconsiderate! And yes just a bit further away! Hoping to go out to see them next year too so trying to plan everything early as we have two at Uni too so with taking time out to get them sorted and then a holiday in the States it doesn't leave a lot of leave left! Still not sure about the motorhome as they are quite expensive to hire and I do like my home comforts so may just go for a few cottage breaks, but then you don't have the flexibility - what a dilemma!

Jackie x