North Ledaig, West coast of Scotland

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dogspaw
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

North Ledaig, West coast of Scotland

Post by dogspaw »

There is a caravan club site here which has access onto the beach and no restrictions for your dogs (that is, they can run off the lead) once on the beach. The beach can be pebbly in places, especially when the tide is in, but there are still lots of places for dogs and children to swim. There is a good shop on site but no bar, so it is nice and quiet in the evenings. For any who likes fishing, you can fish from the beach too, but no-one ever seems to catch anything :D . The views are spectacular, especially if you can get on the front row of pitches next to the beach. Oban is just a short drive away, about ten/fifteen minutes, and from there you can catch the ferry to the Isle of Mull, Lismore, Colonsay, Islay and a few other places. Just watch out for the midges when it is the height of summer :shock: .
Sunset from the beach at the caravan site,North Ledaig
Nesslabs

Post by Nesslabs »

Wonderful west coast sunset... and lovely profile of you and your lab!

Just realised I should have opened a new topic to add more dog friendly holiday suggestions but don't know how to switch this to there so will leave it until I'm more awake tomorrow.
Last edited by Nesslabs on 02 May 2007, 23:36, edited 2 times in total.
andrea

Post by andrea »

beautiful pic Jill xx
smitty
Senior User
Senior User

Post by smitty »

Really glad to read this message as we are booked in to this site for a week in June. Hope the weather is kind to us
Marie
dogspaw
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by dogspaw »

Marie, We have just been back there last week. It is a lovely site- here is a pic of the site at sunset. Also a pic of the dog walk which runs through the middle of the site. You have beautiful sunsets there. I hope you enjoy your holiday.Image
bessiebunches
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by bessiebunches »

Jill
these are wonderful pic's, I think the one of Jazz & Morgan is one for Jans next CD, its great to see them getting on so well :love5:

Gail
Love Light and Reiki Blessings

Gail

xx
Image www.back2healing.co.uk
smitty
Senior User
Senior User

Post by smitty »

Hi - thanks for the pics. I am really looking forwrd to going.

Marie
smitty
Senior User
Senior User

Re: North Ledaig, West coast of Scotland

Post by smitty »

We are going to North Ledaig for the first two weeks in June. Is anyone else going?

Marie
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Beautiful Pictures Jill xx
triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by triomum »

I was down in Oban last week and Connel is a beautiful part of the world (though I'm biased and have to say not as nice as the beaches along the Road to the Isles!!!!). If anyone is going to North Ledaig and find themselves between Arisaig and Mallaig for the day, please let me know as we love to meet other labs!! Julie, Nina, Dylan, Jasper PS No midges at the moment and the weather is beautiful!!!
jan bandit

Post by jan bandit »

Been to this site for the last 2 years are going again in June Cant wait there are some beautiful walks and a very helpfull forestry brochure that shows the difficulty of each walk.
All we need now is some sun.....................?
Jan Bandit and Charlie
Its wonderful for the dogs being so close to the sea
There is also a lovely little cafe in Benderloch scrumptsious cakes
Bold Barney
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Bold Barney »

WOW!!! What fantastic photos in a superb location. I might persuade workaholic husband to book a break there. We're renting a cottage again in Langdale which is perfect for Barney and us with a 3 minute walk to the pub and loads of paths and walks for Barney. Julia and Barney :1962:
Julia, Bold Barney and Bouncy Bessy
jan bandit

Post by jan bandit »

The beaches at Arisaig are beautiful such clean white sand we also go to another beach between there and Malliag (cant remember the name just the soft white sand) Really looking forward to June when we are lucky enough to spend 3 whole weeks at Ledaig
Cheers
Jan Bandit and Charlie
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Oh Wow! So beautiful!

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by triomum »

Hi Jan

The beaches between Arisaig and Mallaig will either be Traigh (near the golf course) or Camus Darach - down a path through the dunes. I live by Camus Darach so will keep a look out for you in the summer. I'm the one with the 3 labs- 2 x black and one 3 legged yellow one - you can't miss us!! :1966: :1967:

Julie, Nina, Jasper and Dylan