Opinan, Wester Ross

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Nesslabs

Opinan, Wester Ross

Post by Nesslabs »

Grinills Cottage, Opinan, near Gairloch sleeps up to 6 and there is no extra charge for dogs.

The cottage has spectacular views over to the Isle of Skye and several beautiful beaches close by. There are sheep about so care has to be taken when dogs are off lead. Grinills has a huge whirlpool bath - good for relaxing tired muscles after a long day in the hills!

We went last year in May which meant we avoided the dreaded midge and got all the wild flowers at their best.
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

We usually holiday abroad so that we get a bit of peace from work - it makes our colleagues think twice about ringing us if we are abroad! We have our regular housesitters so that old Max does not have his doggy routine disrupted and he adores the couple that look after him. I'm not sure that we will be going anywhere this year though as Max is quite poorly at the moment and has been prescribed steroids so we will have to see how he is later in the year.
I have Glenys's kind permission for the next bit: We have a holiday cottage behind our house which sleeps two and we welcome pets (especialy labradors!), full details are on www.cottageguide.co.uk/cosynook and I will happily discount the price quoted by 5% and donate the discounts to the Rescue. Just mention this when you make an enquiry. :lol: