Normandy

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Simon
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Normandy

Post by Simon »

Just found out our holiday has been cancelled as the cottage owner has had to sell!! :2012: :2012:

So all change and looking at Normandy - anyone got any suggestions??

Simon

PS - I will be more sympathetic to the cottage owner tomorrow!
Simon
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Re: Normandy

Post by Simon »

Thanks Abi - for some reason we have decided on Normandy this year, even though the cottage we were gonig to stay in was on Wales!! No sense there what so ever!

S
Danbec

Post by Danbec »

Hi Simon

My friend's friend has a cottage in Normandy that looks very nice.
Not sure if they allow dogs or not, but when I mentioned it to Catherine, she said that her friends are big animal lovers and have dogs of their own, so if anyone would allow them, they would! Its worth asking I think.
The link to their website is:
www.leniddhibou.com
It can sleep up to 7 and has an enclosed garden.

Let me know how you get on. We would like to venture further afield to either France or Spain with our two, but it would have to be next year now, as I would need to organise their pet passports.

Sarah, Lexi and Archie
Simon
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Simon »

Thank you for that - I have now booked somewhere,but will keep the details for future use. As regards taking my two on holiday - we don't as a rule. In this country it is hard to have the dogs and do things with the family - why are so many places so non dog friendly. Also we are very fortunate that the kennels we use is just fab! In fact Jess has already booked her place in the conservatory for her stay!! It is a farm that has diversified and takes up to 7 dogs. They are out doors all day - lots of fuss and love. So we know that when we go away our two are well looked after.

Also, have to say it is lovely to have just the smallest lie in onholiday and not be up and out by 7am!

Once again thanks very much.

Simon