Rum Cottage, Morar

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Rum Cottage, Morar

Post by Emma T »

Oh yes the haddock and chips from the Cornerstone were delicious, glad you enjoyed the hols Adrian it is great up there. What did you think of Camusdarach?
Emma
AdrianR
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by AdrianR »

Hi Emma,

I loved the Camusdarach site - just the right mix of having all the facilities, but still being quiet and 'back to nature-ish'.

I had a pitch where I could sit in my caravan and see right over the sea to Skye. Perfect with the odd glass of wine of an evening :1941: !

The only hiccup was Roy discovering a taste for rabbit poo, which I'd been oblivious to, until the middle of the second night.............and all over the caravan carpet.......... :2008:

The beaches and dunes are just stunning, and I got let in on the 'secret beach that only the locals know about'..........past the tumbledown static caravan...........so Roy and I went there every afternoon, and had the whole place to ourselves.

It was my first caravan holiday, and my first time to Scotland (apart from Glasgow and Edinburgh), so the only problem now is how to follow that!

Over & out,

Adrian & Roy xx
triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by triomum »

Mmmmmm - fish & chips from the Cornerstone - I know where I'm going for lunch tomorrow!! :1961: :1961: :wink: :wink:

Julie (and no doubt my three as well!)