Rum Cottage, Morar

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lucy73
Senior User
Senior User

Rum Cottage, Morar

Post by lucy73 »

Hi all! We had another fantastic week in Scotland staying in Rum Cottage this time which was perfect. The weather was sunny almost all of the time although the wind was still very chilly for early may!! Tasha met up with Jasper, Nina and Dylan again and I think love was in the air between her and Dylan......

Image :love5:

We also took Tasha on a boat for the first time - we were a bit nervous as she loves water so much we thought she might try and jump in :2026: :2026: , but she settled down really well and loved watching the water go by...

Emma T is up there this week I think so have a great time Emma and I hope the weather stays good for you - you're going to love it and we are just sad that we won't be there to meet Poppy Puppy :love2: We're booked in again for September - just can't keep away now!! :hello1:
Lucy, Lesley & Tasha xx
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Rum Cottage, Morar

Post by rhoda4 »

Lovely pics. :love5: Tasha really looks to be enjoying the boat trip. :love2:

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Looks lovely. :1956:

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by triomum »

Dylan loves Tasha too!!! Though there are two golden retrievers staying in Eigg this week and they are vying for his attention!! Nina is more interested in the toys they have in the garden!

Julie, Nina, Jasper, Dylan
lucy73
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lucy73 »

I've been suitably told off for not putting any beach pictures on of our holiday :1962: ...so here are a few more pics

Nina & Tasha playing in the waves..
Nina & Jasper racing along the beach together (sorry guys - forgot to put my zoom on!!)...
Tasha admiring the view at Loch Morar....

Hope we've not bored you all too much!!!
Lucy, Lesley & Tasha xx
Linda&David
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Linda&David »

Great pictures Lucy :thumbright: Where in Scotland?

That beach looks great.

David.
lucy73
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lucy73 »

Thank you David. We were staying at Morar which between Arisaig and Mallaig on the north west coast of Scotland. The beach is camusdarach beach which was featured in the film "Local hero" and it is fantastic!
Lucy, Lesley & Tasha xx
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Fantastic!!!!

Gill, Meg and Maisie
:love2: :love2: :love2:
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

Gorgeous pics Lucy, what a shame you will not be there at the same time as us, I think Barney would have loved to meet a stunning young lady like Tasha!

Well we are off early tomorrow morning for camping at Camusdarach, I have more thermals, hot water bottles and fleeces than I can fit in the car, we even got a tent heater on ebay!!! Don't mind the cold if the sun shines, but I don't think I will need to pack my bikini for this trip :1968: .

I think Barney and Poppy-puppy will have the most fab time, and we too are looking forward to doing boat trips to the islands for wildlife watching, very excited! Looking forward to meeting you Julie :hello2:

In the mean time I am busy being pretending to be a domestic goddess as MIL and FIL are coming up catsitting for the week, so I would like to give the impression I live in a Homes and Gardens photo shoot :1966: , cakes to get in the oven now :1966: ! Luckily I have the most lovely in laws that I love to bits!
Emma
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Stunning pictures!

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

Well we had a fabulous holiday, it is truly beautiful up that way. We had great weather for the main part, even have a tan! The only bad day was the day we arrived and we put the tent up in pouring rain.... not fun!

The beaches were gorgeous and Barney was beside himself, he swam loads and little Poppy splashed in the surf and carried seaweed about and tried to crunch whole whelks of the rocks :1962: . It was such a dog friendly place, Poppy and Barney had heaps of fuss. We went over to the Isle of Muck for the day and she was tired on the way home and slept in my arms and her snoring was so loud it could be heard over the waves and the boat engine and made fellow passengers giggle! She did look super cute too. She sleeps downstairs at home but sharing a tent with her we learnt just how LOUD her snoring is, hilarious!

We had a pleasure of meeting Julie (Triomum) for coffee and her gorgeous dogs, Poppy and Barney were roaring around, properly giddy and Poppy got filthy, luckily Julie's husband was on hand with a big towel! Nina, Dylan and Jasper are so lovely and sedate and they just watched our crazy pair like wise elder statesmen labradors!

So we can thoroughly recommend up there and we had some superb food too!
Emma
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Glad you all enjoyed your holiday, but.......where's the pics? :1967:

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by triomum »

It was lovely to meet Poppy and Barney (our three have just recovered!!!) and Emma and Peter too. We always thought our garden was dog proof - it is unless you are five months old and very inquisitive. Poppy managed to get through the fence where a little stream comes from the woods on the other side and came back even blacker than when she went in!!! Barney and Poppy are lovely dogs and are welcome any time. A puppy cuddly with Poppy was the highlight of the visit - there's just something about puppies ...... :love2: :love2: :love2:

Looking forward to them coming back again. :1954: :1954:

Julie
AdrianR
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by AdrianR »

Ah - now I am putting more names and faces together after meeting Lucy, Lesley and Tasha at the Fun Day today!

I first heard about Camusdarach here on this site, and promised myself that when I had bought a caravan and adopted a new Lab friend that I'd go there as my first trip. And I did! Now I'm not sure whether it was from something Lucy or Julie posted - but whoever - Roy and I had a fantastic holiday up there, and can vouch 100% for the stunning beaches and scenery. And both of us loved the fish and chips from the Cornerstone in Mallaig!

We'll be back and next time maybe with two Labs in tow..........

(Still haven't even unpacked yet, so pics from our hols TBA :dontknow: )

Hugs,

Adrian & Roy Rodgers xx
lucy73
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lucy73 »

Hi Adrian, it was good to meet you and Roy yesterday and fab that you both had a great time up at Morar. Thanks for the tip about the fish and chip shop in Mallaig - will have to sample that when we go up again in September! xx p.s. Roy was such a lovely boy and very patient when Tasha was trying to get in at his water bowl in the boot of your car yesterday! :1968:
Lucy, Lesley & Tasha xx