Moderator: Forum Moderators

mcca
Senior User
Senior User

double celebration

Post by mcca »

this is my 3rd try i think i am going senile will try some photos first
Image how can he be comfy this is his usual position from choice
Imageholiday picture from xmas with tim mkf dog and ollie and jenny rescue lurchers and the oldest grandson proper dog man

Image :2808:
jessie girl looking good at almost 10
Imageoh do i look fat in this bed mam take the picture from brackens side he is bigger than me happy together
Last edited by mcca on 27 Feb 2015, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Re: double celebration

Post by mcca »

right folks every time i have tried to post i lost our story just before i finished so today i have managed to get some photos now the blurb
3 yrs ago we went to see bracken and brought him home to see if jess would accept him she could be really nervous aggressive round some dogs bracken was a working dog so glenys wasnt sure he could adapt to town and house living but thought he could with help we set off with him in the boot and jess on the back seat just in case halfway home after a walk she jumped in the boot jess helped bracken with the house things protected him from the tele dish washer and hoover he showed her that dogs were fine when he approached them how to respond to gun dog whistle (after we sorted out his commands )how to swim we took him to the vets and confirmed his hearing wasnt good but no infection and he had worked hard and his back legs looked knackered the vet suggested we spoil him rotten and he may have a year as jess had a birthday on the 1st of march we sent back brackens adoption papers back and told her she had a birthday present ENJOY
now they are best friends jess has so much more confidence and loves to go up the fell to run with the other dogs sometimes the pack ends up with about 15 from tiny to huge bracken is now totally deaf and short sighted and cant run at all but loves to amble around and sniff things he takes yumove and a herbal pain killer and is happy and alert he has a ramp to get into the car and a harness for us to hold as he jumps out with a im deaf sign to warn people he wont get out of the way
this weekend jess will be 10 she came to us at 5 yrs 7 month and now she is confident in her fur is an almost perfect dog she is fit and active with no sign of slowing down but she does suffer from itchy skin at times currently they eat raw dont know how long that will work we have had labradors almost continually since 1974 usually in pairs but these 2 are our first rescues hopefully if we can stay on our feet they wont be our last

anne jess and bracken
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Anne your update and photos are wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

I grew up with Alsatians, rottweiler, and dobermans.

Coco is my second lab and I am totally smitten and would have a houseful if I could.

:bighug: :bighug: for Jess and Bracken

Ps that's one of Coco's favourite positions too :1966:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

What fab photos.

Lily also has a weird position (different to Bracken's) that she chooses to sleep in - leaving me with same question as you - how can that be comfy?

Happy birthday and Gotcha to both of your two lovely labs.

Jane and Lily
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Lovely piccys. I have to admit, I have a special love of lurchers. Thanks for sharing together with the update.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Lovely pictures. Interesting to read how they've helped each other in their different ways. They both sound loveable ossities. (? spelling).

Hilary, Tuppence & Rowley
autumndays
Senior User
Senior User

Post by autumndays »

Happy Birthday and Gotcha day Bracken and Jess :2811: :2799:

Lots of love from Skye and Lucas
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys