Tasmin her story so far

A special story about a dog in a pound that would not leave her box - follow her story as she grows into a beautiful princess and learns to trust

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Tasmin her story so far

Post by Glenys »

Tasmin story so far.

Well I don't know what I did wrong, maybe I got too big but I suddenly found myself in a place with a lot of other dogs who were barking and crying and it really upset me, I had never experienced this before so I found myself a corner in a box and curled up as small as I could and just stayed there. I didn't want to eat anything and people came and took dogs for a walk and brought them back, fed and cleaned them but I wouldn't go anywhere I was too scared to leave my box. They were concerned that I was giving up and I had to have a couple of huge injections to help me, but they hurt very much and unfortunately I had an accident as I was so scared and the lady who did it started crying too but I don't think it hurt her as much as it did me!

Well I started to feel a little better and started to eat a little and one day I felt that I was ready to have a look outside the pound, it felt good to be outside for a while, I made friends with a boxer who kept me company at night. As we were both big dogs, we were lucky and allowed to stay in the enclosed pound area and not in the cages, where there are sometimes 3 or 4 dogs crammed together. Then just as I was getting used to this regime I was taken in a car to a funny smelling place, not sure about this I dug my paws in and wouldn't budge! Anyway it turned out to be the vets so after a few more injections I was taken to Dancy Dog Hotel, a lovely place overlooking Ayia Napa in the country side, it had lots of dogs but they were all happy to be here and so much space to move around. They played with each other and wanted me to join in, I did after a few days but I was still very frightened of people, I can't remember exactly what happened to me, I blanked it out but I know that I have to learn to trust them again, it's just taking me a little while to do that.

Anyway I'm going to live in the UK and am going on a plane to get there, never done this so not sure what to expect but I'm sure it will be an adventure and I am looking forward to meeting my foster mum who is going to show me what it's like to be loved, not too sure about the weather tho, they say it rains a lot and is cold but I have a big coat to keep me warm.

So I will let you all know how I get on in the UK when things have settled down, I am so glad to be out of the pound but sad that there are lots of dogs still there who also need homes and will remember all the team who helped make this journey for me possible, I am truly grateful and thank you all.

Licks and woofs Tasmin x

To be continued

This is me in my sky box ready to come to see my friends in the uK please have a hug and kiss I am sorry I cant give it in person please follow my story xxx
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Tasmin her story so far

Post by Ann Mee »

Bless you Tasmin, wishing you all the luck for your journey to a new life here in the UK. Not forgetting the friends you've left behind

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Tasmin her story so far

Post by coco-bean »

My eyes are leaking AGAIN.

I wish Tazmin all the luck with her flight and can't wait for the next part of her story. :bighug: :love4:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three