a bit of an update

A special story about a dog in a pound that would not leave her box - follow her story as she grows into a beautiful princess and learns to trust

Moderator: Forum Moderators

littleorp2
Senior User
Senior User

a bit of an update

Post by littleorp2 »

Hi mum thought I should drop you a line to let you know how I am getting on. She says she is really pleased with me and can see a change in me every day. I'm still pretty nervous and still learning to trust and I have some days when I'm more confident than others. We had a storm in the night with lots of thunder and lightening and dad got up to see if I was okay. Was I? Well I must have been coz when he checked I was fast asleep. But then I was eating my tea tonight and a fly got zapped in the fly zapper thingy and I nearly jumped out of my skin. Left my tea and ran into the garden to hide under my ferns. Or at least where there used to be ferns, I've dug them all up to make my bed. Trust me its been raining lots today so it's pretty muddy under there so I'm Goldie down one side and black down the other.
The last two nights we've made it to the pub :1951:
And no I didn't cross the bridge, we drove in the car. Cheating I know but it saved a lot of hassle and I quite like going in the car I can see lots.. We parked on the pub car park and went for a walk along the river, then came back and I had a long drink of water and a rest. There's a foot bridge near to some locks and mum thought I would be okay crossing it as there is no traffic underneath, just water but I know a bridge when I see one you can't fool me and I'm not for crossing, not even for dried liver so we turned round and came back to the pub. :2008: Met a couple of nice friendly dogs on my walk and saw lots of rabbits and a small funny thing mum said was a vole Q :2378: . When we got to the pub people kept asking what sort of a dog was I and they all said how beautiful I am which pleased mum. I was a really good girl and lay down whilst mum and dad had their drinks till it was time to go.
Should have gone to training this morning but dad was busy at work and it was too late when he got home, but he and I went for a walk and just got back before it rained which I'm glad about because I've decided I don't like rain. More than that i hate it and don't want to go out in it at all if i can help it. Horrible wet stuff I can do without, all the better to spend snoozing. Mum and dad say they don't know I'm here I'm so good and I never bark, waste of energy I say barking.
Mums not taken any pics the last day or two but I'll get on to her and try and post some soon.
Tasmin xxxx
Carol and Tasmin
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Re: a bit of an update

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Lovely update Tasmin. Glad you enjoyed your trip to the pub. My doggies, Pluto and Boogie, missed their trips to the pub. I am sure you will get the hang of bridges one day. You are a beautiful girl, so pleased for you. :love2:

Hilary, Tuppence & Rowley
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Dear Tasmin

What progress you have made in such a short time here in this funny Country where we can get tropical heat then horrible rain all in the same week.
I think you have fallen on all four paws with your Mum and Dad trips to the pub and walks down the river sound perfect.

Keep your updates coming and photos.

Love from us all here at the farm xxx

Sloppy kisses from Mr Fuzzy face ,Nell ,Pat and Betty
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Brings tears to my eyes reading these posts you can see she is still a little feral but so trying to trust and conform to her new environment.

I think she has fallen on all four paws it sounds like the perfect match lots of understanding and lots of love. Well done what a different life this dog is going to have :bravo: :bravo:

Jackie x
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Sounds like you are coming on in leaps and bounds and things will take time given the horrible start you had in life Tasmin.

You are such a beauty and can tell from your updates that you have a mum and dad who clearly adore you :love5:

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Maggie May
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggie May »

You are doing so well Tasmin, what a lovely update :occasion7:

I am glad you enjoyed the trip to the pub and I hope you will continue to do well with everything :1972:

Love Kay and Maggie xx :2379: :2379:
Kay
Megsmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Megsmum »

Another lovely update!
You're doing brilliantly Tasmin. I always look forward to hearing your news. You really are a special dog - your Mum and Dad must be so proud of you.
:bighug: :bighug: from Mollie and me xx
Helen and Merry x

Remembering my beautiful Meg 1992-2008 and my darling Mollie 2009-2018