I'm poorly

A special story about a dog in a pound that would not leave her box - follow her story as she grows into a beautiful princess and learns to trust

Moderator: Forum Moderators

littleorp2
Senior User
Senior User

I'm poorly

Post by littleorp2 »

Hi allt
I've not been very well today. It all started yesterday when we went out in the afternoon for my walk by the river. I'm afraid my poo was a bit like a cow pat and when we got back to the pub I didn't want my usual drink of water. :2009: had my tea as usual but had mum up twice early this morning cos I needed the loo so bad. :shock: I haven't eaten today and I've been drooling like mad. Wet all my bed with it and there was a big pool of drool under the chair I've been on. I've just slept all day so mum took me to see Helen my vet and she says I've either eaten something or I have a bug. :crybaby: said the drooling is cos I feel so sick and she gave me an injection to stop that. She's also given mum a paste to make my poos better. It's a funny brown colour and comes in a squirty tube. Wasn't sure which end mum was going to squirt it but luckily it's in my mouth.phew that's a relief it was bad enough having a thermometer up where it shouldn't go. By the way my temperature was normal. Helen gave mum some mild food for me to try and I've just had a little and I really enjoyed it.
Hopefully We will all get a full nights sleep tonight. Luckily mum didn't mind the few scratch marks in the door, I was only trying to tell her I needed to go out and QUICKLY and a bit of paint will soon hide them :1968:
Hoping I feel lots better tomorrow
Tasmin xxxxxx
Carol and Tasmin
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Re: I'm poorly

Post by JoanG »

poor Tasmin sending you gentle hugs and hope the vet's treatments will do the trick. You were very good to wake your Mum up so that you could go outside :love5: Everyone seems to be catching bugs at the moment - dogs and humans there are a lot of really nasty ones going around.

Hope you are soon back to normal.

Joan x
Joan and George x
Maggie May
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggie May »

Oh Tasmin I am really sorry you are poorly. As Joan said you are a very good girl to let your Mum know you needed to go out :love5:

I really hope you feel better soon :love2:

A :bighug: from us,

Love Kay and Maggie xx :2379:
Kay
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Oh dear Tasmin, so sorry you are off colour. :2009:

That nasty brown squirty stuff that comes out of a tube is probaby Pro Kolin. I always have some in stock just in case. Tell your mum it's a lot cheaper from Animed on line. They are good to deal with and you can pay via PayPal and it will be with you in no time.

Get well soon. :love3: :love3: :love3: :bighug:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
littleorp2
Senior User
Senior User

Post by littleorp2 »

Thanks for the tip Lins. Dad did say couldn't we have used gravy browning' cheaper still :rofl: :rofl:
Carol and Tasmin
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Poor sweetheart, hope you are feeling better soon. As Lins has said Pro Kalin is good stuff and should help - I also feed the following to my two when they have eaten something they shouldn't (which seems to be quite often!)

2-3 tablespoons of plain boiled white rice
2-3 tablespoons of boiled sweet potato
2-3 tablespoons of boiled white meat (chicken/turkey)
2 tablespoons of live yoghurt

Works a treat and stops diarrhoea I use it everytime.

Get well soon :love3:

Jackie
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Poor Tasmin so sorry to hear you are unwell :love2:

What a good girl you are though to wake your mummy up and shows again on how far you have come since coming over here and thanks again to your new family who clearly adore you :love3:

Max and BJ the cat have had that nasty brown stuff Canikur Pro but both thought it tasted great. BJ is also on it now for upset tummy which our vet think is due to a bacteria infection with hot weather given he doesn't go out if the garden.

Hope you are feeling better soon .

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
scubakim
Senior User
Senior User

Post by scubakim »

Poor Tasmin, it's horrible when you feel so yucky and the cow pat poos are not good :2008: but that brown stuff in the tube is really good and gets rid of it quickly and Murphy says it taste good too :thumbup: I'm sure you'll be feeling soon and I hope you and mum have a restful sleep tonight :bighug:
Kim, Murphy & Amy x

Megsmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Megsmum »

Oh Tasmin, I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling very well.
You were very good to let your mum know that you were desperate to go out.
I do hope that you will be feeling as right as rain before very long.
:bighug: :bighug: from us, sweetheart xx
Helen and Merry x

Remembering my beautiful Meg 1992-2008 and my darling Mollie 2009-2018
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Get well soon :love5:
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello
We are thinking of you and wish you well quickly we wanted to send you smillies but don't know how to do it!!
With love
Liz Harriet Shelly Bonnie n Molly xx instead
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Liz5353 wrote:Hello
We are thinking of you and wish you well quickly we wanted to send you smillies but don't know how to do it!!
With love
Liz Harriet Shelly Bonnie n Molly xx instead
Hi Liz if you leave the cursor where you want the smilie and, if using a mouse move the arrow to the smilie you want left click and letters&symbols will appear in your text, when you press preview the smilie will appear. If using an IPad just tap the smilie you want and it appears again as symbols and letters until you press preview.

Hope this helps :thumbup: :3497: :rofl: now I'm getting carried away :rofl:

Joan x
Joan and George x
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

O'h no!! Poor you Tamsin. Must say this has happened a lot to Millie in the past I usually make her wait for food - 24 hours after her last meal, & then introduce slowly scrambled egg, boiled rice, cooked chicken or turkey. I also give her actimel drinks for the pro biotic. They seem to help. Get well soon :love3: :love3:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador