Our fun day with Kareen

A special story about a dog in a pound that would not leave her box - follow her story as she grows into a beautiful princess and learns to trust

Moderator: Forum Moderators

littleorp2
Senior User
Senior User

Our fun day with Kareen

Post by littleorp2 »

From this

To this

Hello, yesterday was a very special day for me. Kareen who saved me when I was in the pound in Cyprus was staying with Aunty Glenys and she wanted to meet with the Cyprus dogs who had been given a safe new life over here. Mum and the other mums and dads took sandwiches and cakes and other goodies, and Aunty Glenys kindly let us all meet at Malt Kiln Farm. It was ACE.
We were all shapes and sizes. There was Mia who mum had picked up from the airport and took to stay with Aunty Kim before going to her new home and a tiny tiny scared little girl called Molly who doesn't live too far from me. Then the rest arrived with their proud mums and dads. Aunty Aline had brought a Christmas present for us all in a big Christmas sack and we all had a smashing time, lots of sniffing, licking then more sniffing so we all knew what we'd had for breakfast and all sorts of other interesting things.

Aunty Kareen kept crying and her husband Uncle Alan said he didn't believe I was Tasmin, he said I was a different dog and thought my new winter coat was gorgeous. Mum took lots of pictures and if you want her to would I'm sure put more on here.
We all went into the field and had a group photo but dad videoed his by mistake and it won't load on here.
Then I gave Aunty Kareen a lovely kiss as we were leaving and mum told her I don't do that which I don't. But I remembered her and wanted to say thank you and I pawed her which I only do to mum and dad when I'm happy. The she cried some more.

We all had a brilliant time and it was lovely of Aunty Glenys to let us meet there. There was quite a bit of food left cos we had all taken loads but Aunty Glenys said not to worry as Craig would help finish it off. :rofl:

Mum said it was lovely to meet up and put faces to names and she enjoyed seeing Murphys mum again.
We all said we would like to do it again if Aunty Kareen comes over again, but warmer weather would be good, but if it's winter I'm sure we would all still turn up, we owe her so much.
Lots of love and licks xxxxxxxxxxxx
Tasmin :2821:
Carol and Tasmin
Maggie May
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Our fun day with Kareen

Post by Maggie May »

Oh what a lovely story Tasmin, I have very leaky eyes now.

Your photos are lovely and you have a gorgeous winter coat :love5:

I am so glad you have had a lovely day and everyone enjoyed themselves :1972:

Yes please to more pictures!! :1939:

Love Kay and Maggie xx :2379:
Kay
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Tasmin you always steal our hearts it was lovely everyone was lovely and we cant wait for Labrador rescue funday next year now and we will all have a big party xxxx
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

Your winter coat is spectacular Tasmin, you are a beauty. Who is the pretty girl next to you with the pink bandana, she is lovely too xxx
Emma
littleorp2
Senior User
Senior User

Post by littleorp2 »

That's Mia who mum picked up from Manchester airport, she then went to stay at Murphys then her forever home with Willow who had had a very scary time when she was lost for 4 days till she was rescued. Mia has the end of her tail missing, mum has a pick of her and she's wagging the remains of her tail so hard it's the only blurred bit on the photo

Carol and Tasmin
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

That was a lovely update I have leaky eyes too now! Lovely for Kareen to be able to see you now, you don't look like the same dog. It goes to show what a difference it makes to help such needy dogs.

It sounds like everyone had a great time, please ask your Mum to post all the photos if she has time :1972:

Jackie x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

WE love seeing the dogs so Labrador Rescue fun day 2015 is going to be spectacular plans are already in the pipeline for all of us and our dogs to have fun.

Then we all get leaky eyes xx
littleorp2
Senior User
Senior User

Post by littleorp2 »

Will be lovely to have a fun day. I've only ever been to one but it was good fun. Will be happy to help in anyway xx
Carol and Tasmin
Megsmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Megsmum »

Oh Tasmin I wish I could have been there to see all you happy dogs. It sounds as though you all had a wonderful time. :1951: :1951:
Would love to see more pictures if your mum has time.
:bighug: :bighug: to you all xx
Helen and Merry x

Remembering my beautiful Meg 1992-2008 and my darling Mollie 2009-2018
Sallyalicenmaisysmum
New User
New User

Post by Sallyalicenmaisysmum »

Hi everyone

Molly here, It was a brilliant day, I loved meeting all of my Cyprus friends, I am sure when I sniffed Daisy that I remembered her from the pound, it was so lovely to see Aunty Kareen and Uncle Alan who fostered me before I came on the big scary white bird to England, and also Aunty Aline who picked me up from the airport and took me to meet my new mummy, I would love to see everyone again and a Fun Day sounds brilliant (even thought I am not entirely sure what that means hee hee)

Thank you Aunty Glenys for having the party at your house. :love5:

lots of love and licks
Molly :1972:
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Lovely update and photos, sounds like a good day was had by all :1966:

Alison x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello all what a wonderful time you had,it sounded great fun and Tasmin what a picture you are,Mia is also beautiful,thank you for all your news.
Love Liz Harriet Shelly Bonnie n Molly :s23:
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

I can't believe it's the same sad girl all those months ago in Cyprus. What a transformation. Well done everyone x52

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador