Goodbye to my gorgeous girl

A special story about a dog in a pound that would not leave her box - follow her story as she grows into a beautiful princess and learns to trust

Moderator: Forum Moderators

littleorp2
Senior User
Senior User

Goodbye to my gorgeous girl

Post by littleorp2 »

Sadly I have had to say goodbye to my beautiful gorgeous girl today. I am beyond devastated. She has been drinking loads of water recently, more than the hot weather warranted so I took her off to the vets expecting to be told she had diabetes, or even Cushing Disease. Something treatable though. But the vet looked beyond this and examined her anal glands as a tumour there can cause an increase in certain levels which cause excessive thirst. She found a lump and thought there maybe a mass in her stomach too. I took her back today for a scan, a needle biopsy which in the event they didn't do, and blood tests. Sadly th scan showed the tumour had spread down her colon into her stomach and there were 2 masses. Quite simply there was nothing they could do. They couldn't offer surgery and it was too advanced for chemo. We immediately went up to the surgery when they rand and as she was still sedated we stayed with her whilst she was put to sleep. I cannot begin to say how I feel. I loved her so so much. RIP my beautiful girl, my gorgeous Tasmin xxxxxxxx
Carol and Tasmin
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Goodbye to my gorgeous girl

Post by jackiem »

I am so sorry to hear this very sad news. Sending hugs.xx
Run free sweet girl.
Jackie
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

So sorry to read you have lost your beloved girl and know the pain you are going through.

Run free at the bridge Tasmin :love2:

Thinking of you all at this sad time.
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

My heart goes out to you on the loss of your beautiful Tasmin. She had a wonderful home with you and your family and she blossomed into a stunning girl who enjoyed life to the full.

Run free dear Tasmin :love2:
Joan and George x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Beautiful Tasmin stole our hearts with that first sad photo where she only felt safe in a little box her sad little face ,She had to come over and then Carol took her home where she blossomed and learned to trust and love that first picture haunted us till she was safely here.
Life for a beloved dog cannot be truly measured or guaranteed and we only have them for a short precious time some not a long as others ( its never enough ) its the way they spend that time and Tasmin though she had a sad start she knew so much love in her home with Carol and care the bad times had gone and the good times so happy.

Night Night sweet girl xx

Hugs for you Carol xxx

jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

So very sad to hear that gorgeous Tamsin has gone from the world. Thinking of Carol and her family, it is such an awful and heartbreaking time and they definitely take a piece of your heart with them. I hope in time you can take comfort from the fact that you gave Tamsin such a wonderful and loving home something she would have never known if it wasn't for your dedication and devotion.

Run free at the bridge Tamsin sweetheart.

Jackie x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Carol and family, I am devastated for you at the loss of your beautiful girl, I followed her story with great interest, and how she blossomed. After a very bad start she was flown to you and her life began.
Sleep tight Tasmin.
Thinkiing of you all at this very sad time.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love2:
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Patmar »

Absolutely devastated to hear your sad news Tasmin was such a very special girl. I think she stole all our hearts.

Sending you all my love at this sad time

Pat xx
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Sorry to read this sad news, like others have said she was such a special girl

Run free sweet Tasmin :snooze:

Thinking of you all at this sad time :love3:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

So sorry to read your news Carol, so very, very sad.
Hope you can take some comfort from knowing that no-one could have given Tasmin a more loving home than you did, she was obviously adored and knew real happiness with you.
Safe in your heart always,
:love2: sleep tight beautiful girl,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Dear Carol,

So very sorry for your loss of your gorgeous girl Tasmin. :love2:

My thoughts are with you at this very sad time.

Run free at the bridge Tasmin. :love3:

Kay.xx
Victoria20
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Victoria20 »

I haven't been on the site for quite some time now but I remember you getting the lovely Tasmin. Im really sorry to hear this sad news and I send love and hugs to you.

Karen L. Xx
geddes
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by geddes »

Our hrearts are with you but like gentle joe there will be no more pain
geddes&lesley