Skye

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bold Barney
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Skye

Post by Bold Barney »

Skye was in a terrible state..poor girl could have been treated early before such a severe infestation overwhelmed her...such a good girl.
Julia, Bold Barney and Bouncy Bessy
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

I cannot believe anyone could be so cruel as to let their dog suffer, watch it suffer, do nothing and then think its acceptable to go to the vets, order the dog be pts because they cannot afford the treatment. If they had done something before it got to this stage it would have been affordable. Sorry but i Have no sympathy for them whatsoever, it makes my blood boil.

Thank you everyone invoved in getting this beauty to safety, now she will know what love is all about. I am sure she will start to feel better soon. She looks stressed but no surprise given what she has been through. Sending lots of love and hugs to this special girl.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
scubakim
Senior User
Senior User

Post by scubakim »

This breaks my heart. As responsible dog lovers, it doesn't sit well that we see a dog that has easily treatable conditions that have been ignored. I'm just so glad that Skye has been saved and will hopefully recover. I'll be giving my two an extra special cuddle tonight :bighug:
Kim, Murphy & Amy x

Debsalabradora1
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Debsalabradora1 »

such a shame to see this little girl in this state which could have been avoided - she must have suffered. I know that all is being done for my Pip and it's hard to see her scratch and tend to the damage she does to herself. Still Pip is as happy little girl and fingers crossed, her allergies can be managed. She started her immunotherapy yesterday and a doggy sized dose of Piriton from the vet (thanks Des for the advice), so watch this space.....

As for Skye, her past can't be changed but thanks to MKF and all the good people that are helping her, her present and future most certainly can - sending much love and healing thoughts to Skye :love2: and thanks to all those who truly 'rescued' you sweetheart..... :love3: :love3:
Debs, Millie and Poppy (and Pippi).xx

My dogs, in my heart and mind forever....
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Great news that this is easily cured and the prognosis is good. She will have a far better life now clearly some problems with her previous owner.

Thanks Julia for picking her up - good to see you on her, haven't see you for a while.

Jackie x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

We would love to know how Skye is doing, I have thought of her such a lot.
Liz Harriet Shelly Bonnie n Molly
Megsmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Megsmum »

Have also been wondering how this poor little angel is. :blue:
Thank you to everyone involved in giving this poor little soul a new life. :love3:
Helen and Merry x

Remembering my beautiful Meg 1992-2008 and my darling Mollie 2009-2018
The Story of Skye
New User
New User

Post by The Story of Skye »

Sorry, I don't come on here very often as Skye has a page on Facebook that I try and keep updated.......... This is today's update.

Feel free to join her page to follow her progress. I will try and check on here more often though............

Day 9 update.............. We took Skye to the vets this morning (Our regular vet) to see if she could help with the itchiness. Skye has been given a low dose of steroids and some antibiotics. The vet tried to check Skyes ears as her hearing isn't great, it seems that her ear canals have narrowed. Maybe they will always be like this, maybe they will get better but it explains why she wasn't too sure of her name & responds better to a whistle!! She is coming out of her shell more and more each day & is such a gorgeous girl, it breaks ours hearts to think she was so close to not being here xx
Maggie May
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggie May »

Thank you for the update and for all you are doing for the lovely Skye :love3:

I can't believe she was almost not with us :cry3: I am so glad you are looking after her.

:bighug: for Skye from us please,

Love Kay and Maggie xx :2379:
Kay
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Thank you for the update. A lot of us are not on Facebook so it's nice to hear updates on the site too, as we like to support it after Mr Webby's hard work.

Sending lots of healing for Syke.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Megsmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Megsmum »

Great to hear from you. I'm not on Facebook either, so it would be lovely to read your updates on here too. We would love to know how Skye gets on in the future.
I'm so glad that she is going to have a happy home life with you - thank you for all you're doing for her. :love3:
:bighug: :bighug: to Skye from us too xx
Helen and Merry x

Remembering my beautiful Meg 1992-2008 and my darling Mollie 2009-2018
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Thank you for the update like some of the others I do not do Facebook,also thank you for looking after Skye she seems a lovely girl. I really look forward to hear how she is getting on. I know she has a long way to go with her skin problems but we are all willing her well.
Love Liz Harriet Shelly Bonnie n Molly :bighug:
The Story of Skye
New User
New User

The Story of Skye
New User
New User

I'm hoping the link in my last post takes you to my Photobucket account with Skyes recent photos?

There are only three in there at the mo but I will add to them and post a new link when I do xx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Yes I can see the photos.......she is a beautiful girl so pleased she was not pts that would have been a crime :2012: Clearly she is very loved too, there will be a lot of happy times for her now :love5:

Jackie x