Skye

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Skye

Post by Glenys »

I received a call Monday from a vets in Durham very concerned that Skye a three year old Labrador was booked in to be PTS on Tuesday quickly via face book and this site we had a plan of action but it happened very quickly the Vets couldn't keep her there the kennels were full Julie and Peter got there in the nick of time thank God for kind vets or we would never have known her fate meanwhile Katie and John were heading to collected her from Julia and Peter and straight to their Vets and then today she is at the vets for diagnosis skin scrapes etc..

Skye is now under the care a rescue a very long way to go her skin is terrible but she is in a wonderful foster home with Katie and John Monday was fraught as every minute she could have lost her life then action stations yesterday as Julia and Peter dashed to the Vets to collect her her story begins here and she has her own face book page The story Of Skye .

Wish us all luck prayers anything we know your healing wishes work so can we have them please ? This girl is a sweetheart

Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Skye

Post by Emma T »

Skye you poor little darling, I'm so glad you are safe. I hope so much that your poorly skin can be healed and that you can be free of discomfort. Good luck in your lovely new foster home xxx
Emma
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Positive and healing thoughts by the bucket load for brave Skye :love5: thank you everyone involved in getting her to the Rescue's care. Praying that the vets can quickly find out what is wrong and get a regime going to help this poor girl. If all goes according to plan we hopefully should see a huge difference in Skye's appearance with possible medication, the right food and loads of tlc.

Well done Glenys once again.

Joan x
Joan and George x
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

What a sweetheart, Skye's absolutely beautiful :love2:
All healing thoughts from us and praying that this is Day One of the journey to full health xx

Brilliant effort by all at the rescue and some truly lovely supporters to save this irresistible girl :1972:

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Skye you poor little sweetheart, sending bucket loads of positive and healing thoughts your way :love2:

Thanks to Glenys and everyone else involved in getting Skye safely to rescue :love3: :love3: :love3:

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

I hope poor Skye can get on the right medication soon to make her feel more comfortable. :2009:

We all know she is the best place for this to happen now, and hopefully she will live a full and happy life.

BIG buckets full of love and positive healing thoughts from here. :love5:

:love3: :love3: :love3: for everyone involved in this beautiful girls rescue.
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Poor little girl, great news that she is safe lets hope we can get her fixed. Sending lots of healing thought and hugs.

Jackie x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

This may be the worst we have had but I'm hopeful sorry fro the upsetting picture

Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Bless her cotton socks. This is sch a sad story :cry3: but I'm sure now she is in the right hands and with loving care and medication this girls life can be turned around.

Thank you all for the race to collect her. Loving, healing amd positive thoughts for Skye. Get well soon little girl. Your new life starts here. :love2: :love3: :love2:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Skye is so beautiful I really hope and pray that all goes well for her and in time she finds a forever home.
Please keep us updated and we would also like to thank you to all involved in getting Skye to safety.
Thinking of you Skye
Love Liz Harriet Shelly Bonnie n Mollyx :bighug:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

This is what has been discovered today and its treatable and that she was nearly put to sleep is a sin.

http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/disease ... tiella.htm
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Bless her, she looks dreadfully slim and must have been feeling absolutely grotty. Again, thanks to all.
:love2: you'll soon be feeling brighter lovely girl,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Maggie May
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggie May »

Oh my goodness :cry3: thank goodness you were able to save her Glenys. Many many thanks to everyone involved in this rescue :love3:

Loads of healing thoughts and prayers from us for beautiful Skye :love5: and now the vet knows what it is we hope she will soon be more comfortable :love2:

Love Kay and Maggie xx :2379:
Kay
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Glenys wrote:This is what has been discovered today and its treatable and that she was nearly put to sleep is a sin.

http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/disease ... tiella.htm
I don't want to criticise because anyone could find themselves in dire straits through no fault of their own but you can't leave a dog to suffer as Skye has she must have been so itchy poor thing. Surely if she was being walked someone would have called the RSPCA.

Joan x
Joan and George x
Bold Barney
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Bold Barney »

We collected her. A lovely nurse made it her purpose to keep her alive. She is a wee gem. She has been neglected with a treatable condition...not allergy but mite infestation left to progress...bless her ...she is so loving...you would need to have seen her to appreciate her severe skin condition...
Julia, Bold Barney and Bouncy Bessy