Ellies first night

Moderator: Forum Moderators

janie1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Ellies first night

Post by janie1 »

I was given the great honour of adopting Ellie yesterday and picked her up from her foster mum and dad Sue and Neil and brought her back to her forever home. Six weeks ago the worst happened and I lost my beloved Dylan and thought my heart was broken and would never heal. But Ellie is helping me with that and we are going to make some great new memories together.
Sue and Neil have done a fantastic job starting Ellie on the road to recovery. They gave her much needed tlc and started her road to recovery which I will carry on gladly. Ellie and I want to say a huge thank you to them and the charity for helping us.
Ellie would like to tell you about her first night.... " After a long car journey to the Wirral in which I was very good, I arrived at my new mums home. I went for a walk round the block and then had some dinner. I was allowed on the settee and in the night I thought I may as well sleep there as it was very comfy. Not sure mum will let me do that every night but I will have a go ! Think I have sussed out the treat cupboard already but mum says I have 5 kgs to lose, as has she, so I won't be getting too many of those. Today mum is taking me on my first ever trip to the beach. Not sure what it is yet but mum says there will be lots of new doggie friends.
I was so tired after a busy day that I slept slot but today I am going to make up for that and have lots of tummy tickles and ball playing. I will let you know tomorrow what the beach was like."
Jane and Ellie x
Remembering Dylan 9/6/2003-6/11/2014 xxx very special boy. My beautiful black Prince.
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Ellies first night

Post by Jane267 »

Hi Ellie

So glad you had a good first night.

You'll love the beach! I also live on the Wirral and love going to Red Rocks, West Kirby and ocassionally New Brighton. Let me know which beach you go to and maybe one day our Mummies could arrange for us to meet and say Hello.

Have a great Christmas - I'm sure you'll be allowed treats for that - even if you have got to lose some weight.

Love Lily - and of course Mummy wants to say hello too - so Hello from Jane

PS. Could be very confusing - Jane and Ellie and Jane and Lily!
Eeyorebev
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Eeyorebev »

Dear Ellie and Jane
This sounds like it is going to be a match made in heaven for both of you.
We look forward to seeing pictures of you soon with your new mom.
Hope you enjoy the beach, Max our rescue lad also loves the beach and we live in Wrexham, and also come quite. Often to the Wirral so perhaps we could also come up to meet with you one day on one of the beaches.
I know the Lancashire mob organise a New Year's Eve walk at Formby so perhaps we could start a nearer one in the Wirral.
Have fun on your first full day together.
Let the memories begin!!!
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Jane and Ellie such wonderful news I am thrilled to bits for you both,Ellie you sound as if you are well settled in.enjoy all your time together and we will look forward to lots of updates.
Love Liz Harriet Shelly Bonnie N Molly :s25:
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

Eeyorebev wrote: I know the Lancashire mob organise a New Year's Eve walk at Formby so perhaps we could start a nearer one in the Wirral.
Just had a look at the tide times and at a brief glance it looks like the tides should be right for a walk out to Hilbre Island on New Year's Eve. I could look at the tide times more carefully and suggest a meet up (with picnic lunch??) if anyone is interested. I always used to go out with my Rangers (old girl guides) - going back 25-30 years - on Boxing Day and it was always bracing but a great walk. Dogs have to be on lead once in the vicinity of the island, but get a great run out, and a great run back!

If a few people are interested, I'll start a new thread and see what we can arrange.

Jane
janie1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by janie1 »

Sounds good for Ellie and I. What a great idea. I live in Wallasey so am quite close. Ellie is flat out at the moment after her first trip to the beach. Very windy though.
Jane and Ellie x
Remembering Dylan 9/6/2003-6/11/2014 xxx very special boy. My beautiful black Prince.
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Just found a picture of the beautiful Ellie, she is gorgeous.

I hope you both have a wonderful time together and make each other happy. x
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Lovely update Ellie you have stolen a lot of hearts xxxx :2799:
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

I'm so glad for you, I think you and Ellie are going to have a wonderful time together xx
Emma
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Congratulations to both of you in finding each other, Dylan would approve I'm sure.
Have a lovely Christmas getting to know each others ways,
:s26:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Yvonne Walsh
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Yvonne Walsh »

Congratulations on adopting Ellie and giving her the love and home she deserves. I am sure Dylan would be happy to see another dog benefitting from your love and care. I hope you have lots of fun together and that she enjoys the beach! X
Yvonne (and Molly)
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

Lovely update, Ellie is absolutely gorgeous! Looking forward to future updates of your fun, beach adventures..
and piccies of course :1955:

x3
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011