Great News Johns book is now in stock

John is an extremely experienced member and trainer of Gun Dogs. Hints, tips and general advice can be found in here which will build into an extremely useful souce of informatation

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Great News Johns book is now in stock

Post by Glenys »

John has arranged a reprint of his popular book "A simple guide to Gundogs Training"
This is not simply a gundog book its a good aid for training any labrador or gundog breed its a common sense guide.
Many thanks John for your kindness in donating the book once again we sold over 500 copies last time and we have Crufts coming up so they will go well there.

The book will be available in our online shop later today.
Lucy
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Great News Johns book is now in stock

Post by Lucy »

That is great news and a very good read 8)
CarolynM
Webbyswife
Webbyswife

Post by CarolynM »

Great news - thank you John

Its a 'must have' book full of useful advice 8)
Carolyn
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

That is good news, I have been hoping that they will come back into stock as I am wanting to buy one.

Jackie
LabRes1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LabRes1 »

they are back in the online shop - link is in the menu or on the home page
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Johns book has helped many people we are extremely grateful to him he not only wrote it he donated the cost of printing it too,the first edition of 500 copies sold out now we have a reprint that too is selling.

Many thanks John xx
jillwild

Post by jillwild »

h
Glenys wrote:John has arranged a reprint of his popular book "A simple guide to Gundogs Training"
This is not simply a gundog book its a good aid for training any labrador or gundog breed its a common sense guide.
Many thanks John for your kindness in donating the book once again we sold over 500 copies last time and we have Crufts coming up so they will go well there.

The book will be available in our online shop later today.
hi john, just read your book and thought it was great. bought a whistle for my boy(even though he is a 18month old rescue) n we are getting results even at his age. we have done,3 pips to come 1 to sit .have u any other training tips for the older dog? he does fantastic untill another dog comes insight,then it. all goes out the window! slighly stuck now. love my boy so much but need him to understand me just so he his safe. hope you can help, thanks jill
maxie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by maxie »

Such a useful book, and so generous of you, John,

Joan
John

Post by John »

Hello Jill and Joan, glad you like it.

Actually 18 months is certainly not old in training terms and dogs continue learning all their life, providing they get the mental stimulation. My Anna, at almost 11 years old has slowed down lots, but is so good at working as a team with me that she is very very accurate.

If I was giving any tips, two spring to mind. Firstly keep the training fun. Particularly the last thing you do when training should be something he does well so you finish the session on a high note. And secondly, thinking about your “Loss of control” when another dog is around, try, wherever you safely can, to not give any command when you know deep down that it is not going to be obeyed. All you are teaching him at that point is that he has a choice. Try to put yourself in a position where if he does ignore you then you are able to enforce it.

Remember, I’m always here if you need any advice.

Regards, John
ridland
New User
New User

Post by ridland »

Hi. I've tried to purchase the book but it appears to be out of print. Would you consider making it available as an ebook. No minimum print run. Would be simple and easy to get it up and available again in this format.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

We have book available pm me. But it's also on home page

Plenty of his wonderful books here and a great font of wisdom and knowledge John is a great freind of rescue an me
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

received my book today Glenys Thankyou :love3:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
John

Post by John »

Hope you enjoy and find it useful.

John :2379: