Distressed dog......ideas please

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mags1950
New User
New User

Distressed dog......ideas please

Post by mags1950 »

We lost our 14yr old lab in Feb and are waiting for a dog to adopt. The problem is our 11yr old Toy Poodle who has never lived alone she is very distressed howls and cries when we go out for even the shortest period. Radio is left on she has toys kongs etc now sbe is coughing which vet thinks is stressed related......any ideas to help her please
Margaret Coleman
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Distressed dog......ideas please

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Margaret and welcome from us,I have never had this problem as we have never had less than 2 dogs so I may not be of much help, however have you tried leaving a piece of something belonging to you maybe in her bed.
It is so distressing when you know they are so unhappy, so hopefully soon you will have a new lab to join your family and your other little dog of course.
Good luck
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly n Polly
mags1950
New User
New User

Post by mags1950 »

Yes we put an old jumper in her bed. We saw our vet yesterday between us we have decided to treat her for depression......poor little thing can't go on being so upset
Maggie May
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggie May »

Oh bless her poor girl I am sorry to read this. I am glad your vet is helping and I hope she will soon feel a bit better. I am sorry I can't offer any advice but please send your lovely girl a :bighug: from me.
Kay
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

Aw such a shame, I've no experience of this but sounds like your getting her sorted,hope you find another dog to adopt soon, and so sorry for the loss of your other precious baby.
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
Kermahlo
New User
New User

Post by Kermahlo »

I like to look good and your feedback is valuable.