New Member.

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PKLHarper43
New User
New User

New Member.

Post by PKLHarper43 »

Bon jour all,

I am Kerry. We lost our beautiful girl 'Nellie' 5 weeks ago (but it certainly seems, so very much longer). Nellie was a French Rescue Madame, we were told betwen 3 -5 yrs - but our Vet put her at 7 or 8, which would make her `14/15 when she sadly had to be put to sleep, due to Cancer.

Needless to say, we and the cat that walked in off the street about 6 months ago and adopted Nellie, are heartbroken and devastated. Having said that this was positively the last heartbreak that we would go through - an empty house without a wagging tail is absolutely HORRID. To save both the sanity of husband, self and Pusscat - am desperately searching for a 'mature' lab that will be loved until their last breath and then, even longer as they stay with us always. As they say 'A Dog is for life, not just for Christmas, Easter, birthdays and all the rest of the wrong reasons' that these beautiful creatures end up needing a new loving home. Hopefully, there is one waiting somewhere with a label on, for us.

Good luck to all the lovely people who devote their time to taking care of and finding new homes for all the chiens.
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Re: New Member.

Post by coco-bean »

Hi Kerry and welcome to this fantastic site,

So sorry to hear the sad news of Nellie :blue: so many of us know what you have gone through and how you are feeling too.

It's nice you are ready to look for a new fur-baby and mature too :love3: good luck in your search.
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mcca »

So sorry for your loss
We understand how you feel and have also adopted mature dogs from glenys and the gang earlier this year they were arriving with painful regularity but now it seems to be the turn of the youngsters
get your application completed and try to be patient (so very hard i know ) the right dog will come along

anne jess and bracken
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

Welcome Kerry, so sorry for the loss of your beloved Nellie, many of us on here know the pain your feeling. :cry3:

You WILL find the right dog that you can love again and he or she sound as if they will have a wonderful home with you, hubby and pusscat.
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

A warm welcome from us too Kerry. So sorry for your loss. Many adopters on this forum will tell you that the oldies are the besties. Good luck in your search. :love3:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Blackdog
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Blackdog »

Welcome to the forum they are a v friendly crowd on here. So sorry about the loss of your dog hopefully one will be along soon to fill the gap.
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Warm welcome to this very friendly Forum from me. I'm sorry to read that you have lost your beloved Nellie and understand from my own experiences how devastated you feel. I hope your happy memories of Nellie will bring you some comfort in the months to come.

There are always gorgeous dogs coming up for rehoming from this Rescue and you may have to wait until the right one for you comes along but if you have filled in the application form and spoken to one of the rehomers then you will be ready and waiting when that dog arrives.

Good luck with your search
Joan and George x
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

A warm welcome from me too :2362:

We do indeed know the pain you are feeling. It's absolutely horrible - everyone here has been through it.

When you are good and ready, fill in the application form. There will surely be a new furry friend out there who will mend your broken hearts, and be lucky to have a lovely home with you. :love3:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Kerry
A belated welcome from us also, we are very sorry for your loss, it is so hard to deal with.
I hope you find another gorgeous lab soon
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly n Polly x