Two black labs

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jackiesmart42
New User
New User

Two black labs

Post by jackiesmart42 »

Hi, my name is Jackie Smart and I am hoping to get a dog from Lab rescue. I have just started seriously looking. I lost my two black labs either side of Christmas 2015. Because I knew I was moving I waited until I had moved. A year or so down the line I am settled in and all big jobs done. My two labs were both rescue dogs and were very successful. Hoping to repeat the success.
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Two black labs

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Jackie
Welcome to this great and friendly site, I wish you luck in finding another beautiful lab,they are so special.
I have 3 black and 1 chocolate aged between 8 and just over 11.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly n Polly
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

:occasion7: Hello Jackie and welcome to this friendly Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your two labs closely together but am pleased that you now feel ready to adopt a new friend. Glenys always has gorgeous dogs coming into the Rescue, I assume you have completed all the application forms etc, if so it's just a matter of being patient until the right dog for you comes along.

We adopted George aged 10 months from this Rescue 7 years ago and it was the best thing we've done. Good luck with your search and please let us know how things are going.
Joan and George x
Lindsay2011
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lindsay2011 »

:2821: Hi Jackie and welcome,

How sad to lose your babies so close together. Unfortunately most of us here understand how hard it is. Have you completed an application form yet? If not, that's the first step to finding your next best friend (s)

Good luck and let us know how you get on. We love pictures too so please feel free to share!

Lindsay x
jackiesmart42
New User
New User

Post by jackiesmart42 »

Thank you to the lovely ladies and their doggie friends for replying with such sympathy. I have filled in the relevant forms. Just waiting now.
I could put a photo on of my two boys but I have no idea how to do that or where to do it! Also what is a senior member?
Jackie
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Hi Jackie and welcome from here too :1972:

So sorry to read about the loss of your two fur babies and so close together.

As for your questions if you click on board index the third one down is posting photos tutorial (good luck)

Plus you are a new member the more you post you will become junior then senior member so it's all about the amount of posts you submit ( I think) :1972:

Good luck in finding your new fur-baby :love3:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
jackiesmart42
New User
New User

Post by jackiesmart42 »

Thank you very much for the help info. I will give the photo tutorial a try.
I like your photos, lovely woofs.
Jackie
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Hi Jackie and a warm welcome to the forum. So sorry for your loss, most of us on here know how that feels. :cry3:

The team are excellent at matching furbabies with new furever homes. I'm glad you now feel the time is right to fill that very large gap in your heart. I'm sure your two furbabies that you had to say goodbye to will be pleased that your are ready to fill that large gap.

Can't wait to see piccys if you ever get the hang of photobucket.......it's not easy, but, worth the effort.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
jackiesmart42
New User
New User

Post by jackiesmart42 »

Hello Lins,
I had a look at how to place photos after Coco gave me the route in. I am in school this morning teaching children who have literacy needs. This afternoon it will be a cup of tea, sit down and patiently go through the process. As you say it does not look easy. Hopefully by this evening there will be a pic of my two guys for you to look at.
Thank you so much for your encouragement.
Jackie
jackiesmart42
New User
New User

Post by jackiesmart42 »

Hi Lins and Debbie, Tried loading photos of my boys Bud and Sam. Failed dismally.
Jackie
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Hi Jackie sending you a private message :1972:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
jackiesmart42
New User
New User

Post by jackiesmart42 »

Hi Debbie,
where do I find the private message?
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Hi and welcome Jackie,
so sorry that you have said goodbye to Bud and Sam, I remember when I lost Zak and Kobe just seven weeks apart how devastated I was, it was so hard.....
I hope your pictures and special memories will bring you some comfort and that you will in time be able to smile at their antics.
Its good to hear that you feel able to share your heart and home with another dog in need, that's the legacy your lovely boys have left.
Thinking of you :love3:
Des
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
jackiesmart42
New User
New User

Post by jackiesmart42 »

hello Des,
Thank you for your kind response. our dogs are missed anyway but two within seven weeks must have been awful.
I have wonderful memories of Sam and Bud, especially Bud who helped Sam cope and enjoy the life we gave him.
Jackie
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Hi Jackie,

Just catching up! A warm welcome from me too :1951:

It must have been awful to lose your pals so close together. You've come to the right place for support, that's for sure. It's a great little community here, and most of us (probably all) have been through the trauma of losing their beloved furry friends.

It's nice to know that you're ready for another. Glenys, Carol and Gina are great at what they do in terms of matching up the dogs and new 'parents'! Hopefully it won't be too long before you are matched!

Agree that the task of putting photos on here is fiddly - but once you've got the hang of it, you'll be fine.

:love3:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x