New to Labs

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JohnR
New User
New User

New to Labs

Post by JohnR »

Hi Guys,

Just a quick 'hello.'

Gina 'approved' me as a suitable person to adopt a Labrador this morning. My last dog was a German Shepherd who I rescued whilst living I Spain and brought to the UK when I returned. Unfortunately he developed health problems about 12 months ago and on the advice of my vet I had to make that harshest of decisions to let him go. The grieving period is now over, however, and it's time to move on. This time my wife has decided we should offer a home to a Labrador so that is why I am here. Hopefully the right dog will come along soon but in the meantime it will be interesting to monitor the messages posted here and learn more about the breed.

John
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: New to Labs

Post by Lins »

Hi John and Mrs John. Just wanted to wish you a very warm welcome from us to this very addictive forum.

So sorry to learn that you had to say goodbye to your beloved GSD. Most of us know what that feels like.

I'm sure that if you have any specific questions or you just want some friendly advice, this is the place to come.

Good luck in finding your new forever friend. I'm sure it won't be long and you are in the very best place to do so, the team are excellent in matchmaking - good luck and please keep us posted.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Hi John My first dog as an adult was a GSD called Dina she was amazing and she was the reason I met my first black Lab Vicky its a long story but she turned everything around and was with me through good and bad times and the very reason I started the journey of the love of Labs and eventually founding the rescue.
We will make sure you get the right dog Gina , Carol and I.
Hope to meet you soon .
Maggie May
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggie May »

Hello John, welcome to the forum :1972:

I am so sorry that you lost your lovely GSD.

I hope that you will be able to find your new forever friend, please keep us informed. :2379:
Kay
joan1
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by joan1 »

Hi just popping on to say welcome and hope you soon find a new pall
Bess dex and mum :2362:
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Hi John and wife, welcome from here too

So sorry you have lost your GSD I grew up with that breed. You have chose a great breed to adopt now too.

My first girl was a 9 month old lab from RSPCA and she was a fantastic dog, she went through the birth of my daughter and they became the best of friends my OH calls labradors "bullet proof" :lol:

We went 7 long years with no fur-baby but it was worth the wait we now have 2 beautiful chocolate girls aged 3 & 1 such fantastic dogs :2379: :2379:

Please keep us posted and it's amazing what help you can get if you are stuck or need advice :1972: :1972:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Hi and welcome John!
So sorry that you lost your boy but pleased for you that you and your wife feel ready to find a new companion.
Good luck, will look forward to hearing who finds you,
Des
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello to both of you.
I am just catching up so welcome from us also, my first dog was also a GSD, but for the last 34 years we have had labs, black and chocolate, we have 4 at the moment but have been up to 5.
So good luck in finding a new friend as we all know how difficult it is to say goodbye and it is such a sad time.
Hope to hear from you soon
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly n Polly :2379: