Hello

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Loppylugs47
New User
New User

Hello

Post by Loppylugs47 »

Hello, I'm Penny and I lost my faithful 11 year yellow lab in mid 2015. Shortly after I had a knee op and felt unable to get another dog, but now fully recovered I'm ready to adopt one. I did complete an online form a few weeks ago, but have not heard anything, so not sure what I do next. I'm looking forward to adopting a dog when I return from holiday in mid-September if I've been approved.
Gina B
Homing Coordinator
Homing Coordinator

Re: Hello

Post by Gina B »

Hi Penny I have sent you an e mail
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Penny
Welcome from us and we are sorry for your loss.
Please keep us updated as to how you get on once you have a new boy or girl in your life.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly n Polly :2379:
Loppylugs47
New User
New User

Post by Loppylugs47 »

Thanks Liz for your welcome. It took a while to get over losing Toby. He and I had been through a lot of family problems together. But now I feel the time has come to welcome another dog and as we've had four labs, I wouldn't go for another breed. They are so faithful and understanding.
mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mcca »

Hello Penny
welcome to this lovely site

we have had the pleasure of looking after labs all our married life when the last of our got as pups guys went to the bridge we decided we couldnt look after young dogs or guarantee them a full lifetime with us (i hate to see young active dogs with haltis etc walking round the street with really old people who cant walk properly )
we had a talk with glenys and were able to adopt our gorgeous jess middle aged middle sized and later our bracken big beautiful old and happy to do very little (bracken left us for the bridge a few weeks ago) because of glenys and the team we have had another 6 happy lab filled years and more to come I hope you find your new friend soon and have many happy years together

anne and jess
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Hello Penny. A warm welcome from us. So sorry to hear of the sad loss of your beloved Toby. Alas, a good number of us on here know what that feels like. I'm sure the team will match you with a lovely dog but, it may take a little patience on your part. It will be worth the wait though because they are excellent at it.

Good luck.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador