old member returning with sad news

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

norma3771
New User
New User

old member returning with sad news

Post by norma3771 »

Some people on here will probably remember Lilly from approx six years ago. She was bought by Lab rescue from a newspaper ad. She arrived with Glenis with brown parcel tape over an old wound from a broken leg that had never had the stitches out. She was just six months old and had already suffered a broken leg. We rehomed her and she changed our family overnight. She had a large back garden, plenty of walks a family that loved her, and a caravan that she loved going on holiday to. Sadly towards the end of Jan this year Lilly seemed unwell, whilst out on a walk she did a wee that had a lot of blood in it, we took her straight to the vets where they thought it was a bladder infection. After doing tests they decided to do some investigation surgery. When they opened poor Lilly up she had a huge cancer on her kidney, which had attached itself to her urethra. She had been amazing never once showing that there was anything wrong, in fact on her very last long walk before the vets she had, had an absolute blast. We were with her at the vets when she sadly went to sleep. Poor Lilly went far too soon, but she had the best life ever. We miss her every second and life will not be the same again. But a house with out a dog is unbearably quiet. When I master the tech I will try to post some pics. xx Norma

:2379:
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Re: old member returning with sad news

Post by Patmar »

So very sorry to hear your sad news. Thinking of you and sending loving thoughts

With love

Pat xx
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

So sad.

Run free of nasty diseases over the bridge sweet girl.

Thinking of you all, it's a horrible time. :blue:
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

I'm so sorry to read about your beloved Lilly and my heart goes out to you. I'm glad that Lilly had such a wonderful walk before she went to the vets at least you have that lovely memory of her. My own dog, George, died suddenly only 3 months ago aged just 8 yrs of a very aggressive cancer and like Lilly showed no real signs of illness but he had just one week from diagnosis to his death. Like Lilly there was no loss of condition or any sign that anything was seriously wrong. I can say from my experience as we had a wonderful walk even on the day he died that, in time, it will mean so much to you that your beautiful girl didn't suffer.

I totally agree with you that life will never be the same, everyone deals with their loss differently, but the shock of losing a young dog is very hard. I sincerely hope that all your wonderful, happy memories will help you remember Lilly with lots of smiles in the months to come. You were so lucky to adopt her and you gave her a fantastic life which is all we want for our best friends.

Run free dear Lilly - another gorgeous lab gone to soon. For you Norma :love3: thinking of you at this very sad time.
Joan and George x
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

I am so sorry to read of the loss of Lily. The story of her life before finding you is heartbreaking. I can't express myself better than the posts above so just... :love3: thinking of you.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

We are so very sorry at your loss of beautiful Lilly, this is such a sad and difficult time we do know how you feel Norma.
Rest in peace Lilly.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly x :love3:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Norma that brought tears to me eyes I remember we had to buy her so glad we were able to help her bless her .

I am so very sorry to hear you lost Lilly she had in those happy years a lifetime of love and care we thank you for that any time you need us please feel free to phone I will message my private number

Sleep tight dear Lilly hugs to Mummy xxx
Seamusmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Seamusmum »

I've not posted on here for a long time as I don't get chance now with two little ones.

Norma, I just wanted to say I'm thinking of you. I remember the day we collected her from the house that was selling her. It was snowing and she was in the back yard. My husband and I found it very difficult to hold our tongues.

I remember cuddling her all the way back home and how happy she looked, despite her injury and neglect, when she got into our big garden. We had Seamus then who was elderly and she so wanted him to play with her!

She did not understand what dog food was as she had been fed on scraps the toddler in the house had left. She managed to get into a kitchen cupboard and was desperate to eat a box of Cheerios.

All the way from East Yorkshire to MKF she sat with me in the back of the car and her tail wagged throughout. It was as if she knew she was going to a better life.

We were only looking at some photos of her the other day and talking about her. We haven't had another dog since Seamus and often wondered how she was getting on.

Run free gorgeous girl. You melted my heart even just by staying the night
Katie xx
Lea
New User
New User

Post by Lea »

Dear Norma

So sorry to hear your sad news I hope in time you will remember her with a smile. It sounds like she found the perfect family to show her life could be good with lots of love and cuddles.

Diane x
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

So sorry you have lost your beloved Lilly so young but in the time that she owned you she had a life time of love with you. :bighug:'a for you all.

Run free at Rainbow Bridge little one. Xxx
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
norma3771
New User
New User

Post by norma3771 »

Thank you for your lovely words everyone, we have fantastic memories, we have done lots of laughing and crying over the past weeks. Katie we remember very clearly you telling us of the start she had in that awful first home. We have always been so very grateful to you all at Lab rescue for saving her life and enriching our lives. Xxx Norma :love6:
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

I felt so choked reading of Lilly's dreadful start in life Norma and so relieved that you were able to give her such a very loving home.
My heart goes out to you; I hope in time you'll find comfort knowing Lilly had the best life ever with you.
Sleep tight Lilly,
Thinking of you,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Serina-13
New User
New User

Post by Serina-13 »

So sorry to hear of your sad loss, I know what a huge hole they leave in your heart and life but thanks to you and everyone at Labrador Rescue it sounds like Li lly had a wonderful 6 years!