Hoping to fill a hole in my heart

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sarah
New User
New User

Hoping to fill a hole in my heart

Post by Sarah »

Just over 3 years ago I found myself suddenly and unexpectedly on my own fighting Breast Cancer and to save my home and financial position. I was forced to make the hardest decision of my life to give up my 2 beloved Labradors, Evie (7) and Sasha (5) who I had had from puppies. Glenys was so kind when it came to handing them over and put her arm round me and told me that the girls would be fine and that I was to concentrate on getting myself better. I have done that and last year walked 26 miles through the night to raise money for Breast Cancer.

I am now fit and well. Have managed to save my home and I am financially stable again.

It has been a long 3 years without a Labrador, but I am now ready to fill that gaping hole in my heart with another friend and hopefully fill the hole in theirs too.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, as today I was approved to adopt by Gina, who was also very kind,and even remembered my story.

The pain of giving up my girls will never completely go away, or the guilt, but I am hoping that my new friend and I can heal each other a little bit.

Feeling hopeful again.

Sarah
xxx
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Hoping to fill a hole in my heart

Post by Lins »

I have to say that your story brought tears to my eyes Sarah.

I wish you all the luck in the world in finding your new soul mate, and I'm sure the rescue will do just that.

I felt your pain at having to surrender Evie and Sasha to the rescue and it was a very brave and selfless thing to do. I am now looking forward to hearing your stories of a new period in your life that includes a beloved dog. Good luck, you deserve it.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Leaking eyes here too Sarah

Hope you don't wait too long for that special fur-baby

Good luck :love3:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Sarah
New User
New User

Post by Sarah »

Thanks Debbie and Lins, will keep you posted.
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Sarah
Welcome from us also, tears here at your very brave 3 years but great news that you are well again,
Giving up your girls was a very big decision but sometimes this has to happen so kind and thoughtful of you at a very difficult time.
We hope very soon that you have a new best friend and please keep us posted.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly x
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

Hello Sarah,

Hoping the hole in you're heart fills up pretty soon.
:love3: for being so brave in you're own battle and having the courage to so the best for you're girls at the time.
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Hi Sarah Im so glad you are well again brave Lady and we will certainly be looking for a dog for you.

xxx

:1972:
Sarah
New User
New User

Post by Sarah »

Thanks Glenys and everyone for your kind words. Keeping everything crossed.
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Hi Sarah,

Wishing you well for the future, with the best of health and the love of a labrador by your side.

Love and hugs

Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Sarah
New User
New User

Post by Sarah »

Thanks Michelle. Trying to be patient, but have been holding that love for a dog in for a while....

Xxx
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Hi Sarah,
I'm so pleased that your difficult circumstances have changed for the better. I hope that your determination and bravery will soon bring its reward and a new companion will adopt you,
Good luck :love3:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Sarah wrote:Thanks Michelle. Trying to be patient, but have been holding that love for a dog in for a while....

Xxx
I am sure the right dog will choose you soon. When we lost our old girl Molly, my boy Barney didn't like being an only dog he had always had a wife or even two at one stage! We waited quite a few weeks for Sally, but she was worth waiting for, she adores Barney and he her, even though she is clumsy and stands on him in the back of the car.....oh and chews my coffee table so it's now oval instead of square!! But she is beautiful and makes us smile all the time.

Be patient, the wait will be worth it.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

I so feel for you that you had to give your dogs up. I was nearly in that position due to my hubby's illness etc etc but managed. Given you had to do that I am glad you found Glenys and can feel sure they are both happy in their new homes. Pleased you are well again and feeling more secure and now looking forward to giving a home and love to another needy lab. Good luck, look forward to hearing who your new friend is before too long.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma