Hi all

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

simonowens
New User
New User

Hi all

Post by simonowens »

hi my name is Simon. I have a 9 year old Lab x GSD. she is currently undergoing treatment for an illness that will probably take her from us. My middle child (23) lives at home with us and has high functioning Autism, he and Tasha are inseparable. We had "the chat" and he knows that nobody lives forever, but he would like consistency in his life and also would like a friend for Tasha. they both go on walks daily and he works for 3 hours on a Thursday in a well known DIY chain. the rest of the time he spends at home with Tasha.
so we are looking for a doggy like Biscuit who I have just seen has been rehomed (gutted for us happy for her). we would consider a cross Lab but not Staffy as we have a caravan on a farm in south wales we visit most weekends and have our main holidays there. lots of beeches and farmland to run around on and get nice and muddy. The farm do not allow any dog with staffy in them.
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Hi all

Post by 12_paws »

Hello and welcome Simon,
have you filled in an application form so that rescue can start the checking process? Also it might be good to have a chat with Glenys adout your needs - the team are brilliant at matching dogs to homes..........
Good luck,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
simonowens
New User
New User

Post by simonowens »

Hi Des , yes I filled in an application form. I'm happy to be here and look forward to my family being part of this family.
I've a big estate car and am a health and safety inspector and am qualified for PAT testing if you guys need any help or guidance just ask. :)
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Just wanted to wish you and your family a very warm welcome to this very friendly and informative site.

I am sure once the re homing team know your requirements, a new furbaby will benefit from a loving family as much as you will benefit him/her. Good luck.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Hi,

Firstly welcome to this lovely website and am sorry that your lab/GSD is poorly. I am sure the team will find you a super new friend and look forward to hearing from you when that happens. In the meantime, good luck with everything.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Welcome from us also we look forward to your updates very soon
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Welcome to the site, good luck in being chosen by a loving lab.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home