Sad Saturday

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

joannapem
New User
New User

Sad Saturday

Post by joannapem »

Hello lovely Labrador owners,

On Saturday my beautiful black lab Gretel died. She was one of your rescue labs. We have loved her for 12 years and her passing has broken my heart. Gretel was my best dog ever. We still have Riley who was also from you. His owner is my daughter Kate. He is also bereft and lost without our beloved Gretel. Thank-you for providing a great adoption service.
Yours sincerely Joanna Pemberton
Aileen

Re: Sad Saturday

Post by Aileen »

I am so sorry to read this sad news about Gretel, Joanna. I know how heartbroken you will be as my beloved black Lab, Maisie, left for Rainbow Bridge on Friday, the day before Gretel. She was 2 weeks short of her 14th birthday. They give us such unconditional love and are such a huge part of our family. I can also understand about Riley because my yellow girl, Annie, from MKF, is also bereft and is just lying in bed, not really wanting to interact with anyone. I am trying to keep things as normal as possible and hope time will help to heal.
Sending you lots of hugs at this saddest of times. xxx
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Joanna
I wanted to say welcome from us, but this is such a very sad and difficult time for you I also want to say how sad I am for you,
We are thinking of you and Aileen of course, please give Riley a hug from us.
Rest in peace Gretel and run free with all our beautiful girls and boys.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly x
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Hi Joanna,

So very sorry to hear your news, it is truly the hardest thing saying goodbye to your beloved lab, I know only too well how you are feeling. It's also very hard for the labs left behind, they do indeed grieve for their best friends, I have also witnessed that when we have lost one of our labs and the others suffer terribly.

I am sure Gretel left you with some wonderful memories, I hope they will get you through this sad time, I know that those memories will live on in your heart forever.

Take Care

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Hello Joanna, I'm so sorry to read that your beloved Gretel has died and my heart goes out to you. It really is heart breaking when they leave us as I am still grieving for my 8 yr old black lab, George, who died so suddenly only 4 months ago. We love all the dogs that we own but if we are lucky we find our "special" dog our "best ever" dog who really does have a different bond with us, who knows what we're thinking before we do. These dogs leave a huge ache in our hearts but also so many happy memories to go over and enjoy at some point in the future.

I've only had one dog at a time so haven't had to deal with a grieving dog and that must bring its own heart wrenching problems so I'm sending Riley lots of healing thoughts, he must be lost without Gretel.

I sincerely send you my sympathy and totally endorse what you said about this Lab Rescue, it is a fantastic service and I'm sure, like you with Gretel I am so glad that I had the opportunity to be adopted by such a special dog.

Run free dear Gretel :love2:
Joan and George x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

So sorry to hear this sad news sending healing and hugs from all at rescue .
Thinking of you all and Riley xx
Lea
New User
New User

Post by Lea »

Dear Joanna

Sorry to hear about Gretel I know how you are feeling as we lost our special boy Ty in February who we got from Glenys in 2003. We still have Jack also from Glenys in 2004 who seems to be coping quite well (we keep borrowing our neighbours choccie lab - she is the only dog apart from Ty who he gets on with he's always been a bit grumpy). Hopefully in time you will remember all the precious memories you have of Gretel and smile.

Thinking of you

Diane x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

I'm so sorry to read that you have had to say goodbye to your beautiful Gretel, she obviously held such a very special place in your heart.
Sleep tight Gretel :love2:
Thinking of you and of Riley too bless him,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

So sorry you have had to say goodbye to your Gretel. I hope you are soon able to think of the happy times instead of this very sad time. She will always be in your heart.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma