Hello from Cheshire

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IanTaylor
New User
New User

Hello from Cheshire

Post by IanTaylor »

Hello everyone were new to this forum, we currently have a 12 year old West highland male called Tigger, who is very quiet and laid back, we are looking for a new friend for him.
We are looking at getting a rescue Labrador, we have had Labradors in the past.
We lost our other Westie at the beginning of September, after a lot of talking we have now decided to get a new dog
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Hello from Cheshire

Post by JoanG »

Hello Ian and welcome to this very addictive Forum. I'm sorry to hear of your loss in Sept it's heartbreaking when they leave us isn't it.

Glenys and her team run an excellent Rescue and continually have gorgeous labs coming in, the thing is to be patient as they do match the right dog with the right owner but it can take time. Have you filled in the application form which you will find on this site that's the first step.

Hope you find your new friend soon and please keep us posted, this site has gone a bit quiet of late but we do like to hear how the adoptions go.

I've had labs for over 30 years and adopted my last lab from Glenys as a 10 month old and he was my dog in a million, unfortunately he died aged 8 yrs from an aggressive cancer and I would wholeheartedly recommend this Rescue to anyone who is seriously wanting to adopt a lab.
Joan and George x
IanTaylor
New User
New User

Post by IanTaylor »

Hello Joan,

We lost Angus also to cancer at the age of 8,
We enjoy going for walks in the countryside, it feels funny now just walking one dog.
Really looking forward to making new friends on here
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Hi Ian and welcome to the site,

We have had 7 rescue labs over the years, all with different stories to tell (you can usually here of their adventures once i have trained them to use the computer! LOL)

We lost our old boy Barney in August aged 13, we had him 8 years, he was a gorgeous yellow boy and we miss him terribly, he was a dog in a million and we had a special bond. Our black lab Sally missed him terribly so we were very lucky to adopt Mason in October (then aged 3 - now 4). Sally and Mason have a great connection and he has settled really well, we love him very much, he is or first chocolate Labrador and I have to say is a very special boy. He has brought much love and laughter back into our lives after losing Barney, we can't thank Glenys and Carol enough for allowing him to come and live with us.

This rescue is very special indeed, we wish you much luck in finding your forever friend, all I can say is be patient, the lab chooses you really, rather than the other way around. Glenys will know when the right one comes along.

Good luck.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

IanTaylor wrote:Hello Joan,

We lost Angus also to cancer at the age of 8,
We enjoy going for walks in the countryside, it feels funny now just walking one dog.
Really looking forward to making new friends on here
Hello again Ian

I'm sorry to hear that your boy, Angus was only 8 yrs too, it's far too young and such a shock as well. In the last couple of years there have been many people on the Forum who have lost their beloved dogs early to various cancers. I do wish someone could find out why this is happening it does seem to be increasing.

I love walking too but don't have a dog at the moment, losing George who I had a very special bond with has been very hard but I still go either on my own or with my husband but my wellies are now demanding their usual daily exercise so we will see what this year brings into our lives.

Anyway I wish you well in your search for a new friend. Good luck and please keep us posted.
Joan and George x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Ian a warm welcome from us also.
We are sorry for your loss, it is a difficult thing to deal with, especially when your dog is still quite young.
We have four girls, Shelly us the eldest at 13 and Polly the youngest 9, Bonnie is 11 and Molly 10.
Lots of luck at finding a new friend and we hope to hear from you again soon.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly