Hello all

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jacobyork
New User
New User

Hello all

Post by Jacobyork »

My name is Jacob

I live in Manchester after moving up from bristol 7 years ago. I work part time as a paramedic in the city center so like to get into the wilderness as much as possible. I grew up with labs as a kid and the dominate most of my good childhood memories.
My world fell apart at Xmas when I found out my collie Maisy had liver cancer. She fought hard but in the end it was too much. I've never felt so much pain. She came into my life 3 years ago as a wild rescue and we grew together into an unstoppable force of walks and fun!
I'm looking to re-home a lab or labx not to fill the hole she left but to give another dog a place to find fun and love again!

I've filled in my application and look forward to hearing from someone soon

Jacob x
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Hello all

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Jacob
A warm welcome from us, we are so sorry to read of your loss, it is such a sad and difficult time when we lose our wonderful friend.
I have 4 labs all older girls now but wonderful companions, we still walk a little each day.
We hope your new forever friend comes your way soon.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :2379:
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Welcome Jacob to this wonderful Rescue Forum and I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved Maisie, I think most people on here understand the heartbreak you have suffered. I love the image of the two of you as an unstoppable force of walks and fun and sincerely hope you can find another friend to fill the that gap in your life.

If you have filled in the application form it may be a good idea to ring either Gina or Glenys, as if you have been reading the posts on this Forum or on the Rescue's Facebook page they have a huge rescue operation on their hands at the moment of 15 to 20 labs so they are extremely busy. This is as well as the other dogs they are helping.

Keep us posted on what happens, please be patient as they are all volunteers and you may have to ring a few times before anyone is free to speak to you but I adopted a 10 month old black lab from this Rescue in 2009 who turned out to be my dog of a lifetime and I had had labs for nearly 30 years by then. Unfortunately he died just over a year ago of an aggressive cancer within one week of diagnosis, with no loss of condition or noticeable illness - it was shocking.

This is an incredible Rescue and Glenys and her team are experts at rehoming I wish you all the best in your search.
Joan and George x
Jacobyork
New User
New User

Post by Jacobyork »

Thanks for you kind replies.

I will call tomorrow and keep trying I did read about the massive rescue so hoped to help out.

Jacob