Hello fellow labrador people

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

GrannyLinda
New User
New User

Hello fellow labrador people

Post by GrannyLinda »

Hi, We are Linda and Barrie. We live in Macclesfield.

We have always had Labradors( apart from Rusty, who was a German Shepherd x Akita whom we found, several years ago, outside on the coldest night of the year and adopted. Our Lab, Katie said "Oooo Thank you, Mum.)

In August, we lost our lovely Holly (14) and at around the same time we noticed that Alfie (9) was not himself. We lost him at the beginning of December from a very aggressive type of cancer.
He was my soulmate and we so miss all the love we had for and from our dogs. The house feels so empty without them.

We have lots of love to give to a Labrador who needs a home.
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Hello fellow labrador people

Post by Jane267 »

Welcome to this site. Sorry to hear of your loss - we all know what a massive hole a labrador can leave in your life.

First step to a new friend is to fill in application form - if you've perused the site, you'll see there is a big rescue taking place at the moment so lots of labs of all ages and colours looking for new homes.

Look forward to hearing your story, when the team match you with the perfect friend for you.

Jane and Lily
GrannyLinda
New User
New User

Post by GrannyLinda »

Thank you for your kind words, Jane and Lily.
We filled in the application form last night and rang our vet this morning.
We are looking forward to hearing from the team, although,we realise that they are very busy.
Kind regards,
Linda and Barrie
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Hi Linda & Barrie

Looking forward to seeing how you get on and which lovely Lab will share your home with you.

:love6:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Welcome Linda and Barrie sorry to read about the loss of your two dogs in such a short time what a shock that must have been. I adopted George from this rescue as a 10 month old and he became my dog in a million, unfortunately we lost him to a very aggressive cancer in Nov 2016 aged 8 yrs, and my house is still empty, sometimes it takes a while to come to terms with the loss.

There will be a lot of dogs coming through rescue at the moment so the team will be at full stretch, it may be best to give Glenys or Gina a ring but please bear in mind you may have to keep ringing as they are all over the place at present.
I don't know if you know this Rescue but I've been a supporter for a long time and can thoroughly recommend Glenys and her team nothing is too much trouble for a dog in need and they have brought so much happiness to adopters and dogs.

Hope you soon find a new friend, please keep us posted on what happens.
Joan and George x
GrannyLinda
New User
New User

Post by GrannyLinda »

Thank you, Kate and Joan.
I didn't ring,as I thought that they would be too busy.
I will give it a go. Thank you.
I will let you know what happens.
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Hello Linda and Barrie, welcome to the world of Labrador Rescue. I am so sorry to learn of your loss, lots of us (indeed too many) know just how you feel.

Like Joan, I have been a supporter of Labrador Rescue North West for some years now. Joan was the lucky hooman mum to George aka Gorgeous George who we all loved, especially by my beautiful black lab Molly. I have been fortunate enough to adopt two from the rescue and I am sure, given time, you will find another to help mend your broken hearts. Good luck. :love3:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
GrannyLinda
New User
New User

Post by GrannyLinda »

Thank you, Lins.

Labradors are so special. One can look at another breed and think "So cute" , but look at a lab and your heart melts.
I am used to walking for about 2 hours a day over 3 walks. I can't bring myself to walk without my dogs. We have made such a lot of friends, mostly dogs with their people. They must be wondering where we are??

Kind regards,
Linda
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Linda and Barrie
Welcome from us also, we are so sorry for your loss, we do know what a difficult time this is,
We have 4 girls, all elderly now, but still doing quite well, we got Bonnie from Glenys she was 5 months, she is 11.5 now.
We look forward to hearing from you when we hope you then have a new forever friend.
Good luck
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :2379:
GrannyLinda
New User
New User

Post by GrannyLinda »

Thank you, Liz.
How wonderful - 4 Labradors. How much love is that!!!!
We have a touring caravan and we took both of them away with us. There was a lot of stepping over them! I can't imagine 4 of them.
Alfie used to wait until we were in bed and signalled for him to jump up. He lay at the foot of the bed, but in the morning he was between us with his head on the pillows!!
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Hello and welcome,
so sorry to read that you have had such a sad time losing Holly & Alfie. I lost my previous two boys within six weeks of each other and although we still had one elderly lad I remember the dreadful space underfoot and how lonely Max was until we had new additions.
As you say, Labs are special, have one and you're hooked.....
I hope that you soon find a new companion,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
GrannyLinda
New User
New User

Post by GrannyLinda »

Thank you, Des.
How heartbreaking to lose your boys so close together. It leaves a big hole inside.

We need a new best friend so much. So happy for you and Max , when you got your new friends.

Love to you all.