Sad to say goodbye!

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

leebee346
New User
New User

Sad to say goodbye!

Post by leebee346 »

Eleven and a half years ago we were lucky enough to be gifted with George(from the rescue centre), who then went on to become gorgeous George. My goodness, the years have flown and have been filled with fun, laughter, and love. We shared adventures, new babies, new additions(another lab), cups of tea and the odd sausage sandwich. Sadly he moved on today to begin his new life on the other side after a very short illness(stomach cancer) and was still wagging his tail at the nurses this morning. He has left a huge hole in our hearts and home, one which will never be filled. We are heartbroken but know the pain will ease and what will be left are the amazing memories.What I wouldn't give right now for one more cuddle! :3515: :3515:
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Sad to say goodbye!

Post by Liz5353 »

We are so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy George, this is a sad and difficult time. Thinking of you, sleep tight and run free George.
Love from us
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly x
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

So sorry to read of the loss of your gorgeous George but what a beautiful tribute you have written to your beloved boy. He was obviously a huge part of your family and was loved and well cared for so you have so many happy memories that, in time, you will keep looking back on and he will always be there just a thought away.

I lost my Gorgeous George at only 8 years old in very similar circumstances and can totally empathise with how you are feeling, especially "what would I give for one more cuddle" it's been 18 months now but he's still missed everyday.

Run free George x
Joan and George x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

So sad to hear of your loss of George and hoping wonderful memories will see you through this awful time.

Thank you for giving him a wonderful,happy life.

Glenys,Sam and the team at rescue xxx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

So sorry to hear of your loss, they leave huge holes indeed. I will never get over losing my girl and know exactly what you mean when you say you would give anything for one last cuddle.

Thinking of you at this very sad and difficult time, run free at the bridge George sweetheart.

Jackie x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

So sorry for your loss of your special boy, what you have written about him is lovely.
Thinking of you ,
Sleep tight George :love2:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart