Hello everyone

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MrsD
New User
New User

Hello everyone

Post by MrsD »

Hi there, just wanted to say hello to everyone on here.
My parents have a lab x that they adopted from here as a 1yo about 7 years ago, Gizmo, and he’s been amazing! I have just applied to be considered to rehome a dog from here, so thought I’d pop up on this forum! There are some really lovely posts. We currently have a 4yo golden retriever that we’ve had from a pup, two rescue cats and three rescue rabbits. Oh, and a horse!

Thanks for making it to the end, haha.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Re: Hello everyone

Post by Glenys »

Can you email us so we know your name and can check your application ?.
MrsD
New User
New User

Post by MrsD »

Hi, I’ve done that now, thanks.
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Welcome to this very informative and friendly forum. You sound as if you have a full house of pets, not forgetting your horse of course :rofl: I bet you have a lot of fun with them all. Glenys has asked you to email her and once your application is approved you will be ready to go :lol: Keep us posted on what happens. Best of luck.
Joan and George x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Hi and welcome!
Lots of paws under foot at your house then :rofl:
Good luck with your application, hope to hear more soon,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

A warm welcome from us also, please keep,us updated.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly x
MrsD
New User
New User

Post by MrsD »

Hi there,

I completed an application form to be considered as an adopter, (I think it was the start of May?) and I also rang up the lady’s number listed by ‘enquiries’ over a week ago. There’s absolutely no rush or pressure obviously, and I completely appreciate you’re busy - I’d just like to know that we would be contacted regardless of whichever decision is made, whether we are approved or not?
If there is any uncertainty over or not whether to approve us, then someone is more than welcome to come and visit our family home - no notice necessary!
We are more than ready to welcome a second canine to our family, so would just appreciate knowing either way.

Many thanks, and hope to hear from you soon.
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

If I were you I would give Glenys or one of the Home Coordinators a ring just to find out the progress of your application. I know everyone is always very busy at Rescue but I'm sure they won't mind if you contact them again. I think this part of the process is the worst when you are waiting to be approved and I hope you hear from someone at Rescue soon.

I've been supporting this rescue for over 10 years and adopted a 10 month old black lab in 2009, and during that time the Rescue has become more and more busy with only a few people running it, all volunteers with families, dogs of their own and normal life problems to overcome so sometimes it can take time to get through. Please keep trying it really is the best Rescue I've come across in over 35 years of owning labradors.

Keep us posted.
Joan and George x
MrsD
New User
New User

Post by MrsD »

Thank you, I’ll try that.
As I said, there’s no rush because I’d happily wait for years for the right dog to come along if that were the case! I just don’t want to be a pain by appearing to chase up, haha.