URGENT Can you foster Rosie ?

To ensure details to rosie pictures and updates stay secure - this forum is NOT visible to people browsingthe forum - It will only become visible to registered users of this site once they have logged into the forum

Moderator: Forum Moderators

maggie may

Post by maggie may »

when i saw Rosie needed a foster home I thought of you thankyou for taking her on after losing Bella and jet she will be in safe hands now

judy jade and magggie
billybluemoor

Post by billybluemoor »

Thank you everyone for your kind remarks !
I'm glad that the news has brought you some peace of mind !!

I had a 'spare bed' and I thought...this little old dog needs urgent help...why not !!!!!

I have to choose my words carefully here, but like all of you out there, I could allow myself to get very upset and angry about those who have allowed this poor dog to reach her present state, but have to console myself with the fact that she is in OUR hands now, and we can do something positive to help this little old girl and ensure it will never happen to her again.
She sees our vet tomorrow at 11-0am and between him and Glenys and myself we aim to have her back to good health a.s.a.p.

She slept all the way home and we had some fun introducing her to Billy and Lady, she's had 2 small feeds tonight,inspected the garden, and at this moment she is asleep on JET's bed.

I'll keep you all posted and hope that after the vet has seen her I can give you some good news, and regular updates on Rosie's progress.

A very sincere Thank You to those of you who have already contributed Donations, no matter how small, towards Rosie's veterinary care !! !!!

I have taken some photo's but I'm very sorry that I can't post them at present because of the need to protect 'Rosie's anonymity. But when a period of time has elapsed and we have nursed her back to good health hopefully I'll be able to show some 'Before' and 'After' pictures.

MARTIN.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

people who are interested and are known to us will have access to regular photos soon.

Glenys xx
rosielab

Post by rosielab »

I know what you mean martin maggie my foster dog was in the same condition.my kerrie look younger that maggie yet kerrie is nearly 6 and maggie15 months.maggies coat is coming out in handfuls but her upset tum is ok now and shes having three small meals a day.good luck with rosie keep up the good work.love sue+girls
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

artin you can post pics on here its safe

this poor girl only weighs 19 kilos :(
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Lucy
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lucy »

So the three months that has been mentioned was obviously far from the truth looking at her body weight and her claws :twisted: :twisted:

Poor little mite :cry:

I am so glad she is with Martin as he will restore her faith in how life should be. 8)

Lucy
xx
billybluemoor

Post by billybluemoor »

Update on Rosie.

The vet can't operate on her eye until she has built up sufficient strength and weight. Her weight was only 19 kilo's ! He's given me antibiotic ointment for the eye infection and also worming tablets for her.
She also needs dental treatment, her back teeth have got chronic tartar build up which he will remove when he operates. He will also remove skin tags at the same time .
He isn't sure whether she will bulk out at her hips or whether it's muscle wasting caused by age. This will become evident when she starts to put on weight.
He reckons Rosie is around 12 years old . Her heart and lungs sound fine and hopefully she will recover in time.
She is a really loving little dog and deserves the best we can give her.
At present she is on 4 feeds a day which will be reduced to 3 at weekend and we'll take it from there.
The vet sees her again on the 5th of March.

More updates then.

Thanks for all your support !

MARTIN.
vicki chilton

Post by vicki chilton »

I want so much to comment on this post but I'm finding myself absolutely lost for words!

It makes me so angry when I here stories like Rosie's! Thank goodness she has been rescued now and hopefully it won't be too long before her health can be restored to how it should be.

Good luck with all the treatment and care she will need, I am sending a donation to the fund and will look forward to keeping up to date with her progress.
billybluemoor

Post by billybluemoor »

Here is a small slideshow of ROSIE's photo's to date.

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=52 ... 9dd27&skin_

MARTIN.
CarolynM
Webbyswife
Webbyswife

Post by CarolynM »

To see those pics is truly heartbreaking - words fail me.

Its brilliant that Martin and Kathryn are helping Rosie.
Carolyn
Mad Maisie

ROSIE

Post by Mad Maisie »

GOD LOVE HER!!!!

I CAN HARDLY SEE FOR THE TEARS!!

GILL
Nic

Post by Nic »

Poor little thing - I've popped over from the other site just to check on her progress and I never in a million years expected to see her so thin and neglected.

I am so glad that Martin is able to help her and all our thought are with her on her road to recovery.

Nic
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Martin, well done for fostering her. Hopefully her weight will start to increase quickly,

the dog we have recently imported was very underweight and after 6 weeks of proper feeding as put on 9 kilos. We also started on 4 meals and reduced to 3 and now 2.

Keep up the good work.

Tracy
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

Fantastic news! In fact the best news I have heard. All the very best to Rosie. We are fund raising for her at school and hope to send in a nice cheque before the term ends. God bless you for taking her in. :D
Love from Benjie, Buddie and Lynne.