LATEST NEWS ON 'ROSIE'.

To ensure details to rosie pictures and updates stay secure - this forum is NOT visible to people browsingthe forum - It will only become visible to registered users of this site once they have logged into the forum

Moderator: Forum Moderators

billybluemoor

LATEST NEWS ON 'ROSIE'.

Post by billybluemoor »

UPDATE ON 'ROSIE' !

GOOD NEWS !!

We've just come back from the vets and the Good News is that Rosie is now fit and strong enough for her eye operation and her dental work.
She has weighed in at 22.8 kilos. That's 3.8 Kilos more than when she first came to us. The vet staff can't believe she is the same dog. She was too busy having her tummy tickled to get on the scales, and all the staff love her to bits. She's so lovely and friendly, and getting quite strong for a 'liitle'un' !!

Next Monday, the 17th, Rosie is making an important Public Relations appearance at a school where the pupils have been collecting money to donate towards Rosies operation and treatment.
I have offered to take Rosie in person to collect the cheque on behalf of Labrador Rescue and to thank them all for their thoughtfullness and generosity. We have also donated some Lab Rescue Teddys to the prize draw.
I am taking some photoprints and a 'Rosie' CD for the children so that they can see her on computer and have photo's to keep as momento's.
I'm sure I'll be able to post you all some photo's after that event.

More photo's and updates soon.

Thanks again to everyone who has supported 'Rosies' fight for survival !!

MARTIN
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Well done Rosie! (And well done Martin and Kathrine too)
Jackie
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

I am delighted to hear that Rosie is doing so well Martin. I am also pleased to hear that you are going to take her to Lynne school......it is so good to know that the children have this opportunity and can learn from this, it raises the profile now and for the future which gives us all hope.

Keep up the good work!

Jackie xx
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

Great news Martin. :D
I hope you enjoy Monday as well :D

"Your" Rosie sounds like "My" Rosie! Small in size, but big in character! :lol:

Alison & Rosie XXX
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Great news Martin well done xx
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Many thanks Martin for giving this girl another chance....
smitty
Senior User
Senior User

Post by smitty »

Well done Martin and Kathryn

Marie
billybluemoor

Post by billybluemoor »

jackie wrote:I am delighted to hear that Rosie is doing so well Martin. I am also pleased to hear that you are going to take her to Lynne school......it is so good to know that the children have this opportunity and can learn from this, it raises the profile now and for the future which gives us all hope.

Keep up the good work!

Jackie xx
I'm also taking 'Billy' to school to tell them about the work of 'Pet's as Therapy' dogs. My wife Kathryn is coming with me so we'll have a dog each !

MARTIN.
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

That's great Martin. I think it's very important to teach children the value of loving and respecting all animals :D

After all, they are the dog and animal owners of the future.

I'm sure they won't forget Billy and Rosie's (and your) visit.

Well Done!

Alison & Rosie XXX
Jayne

Post by Jayne »

Geat news ,keep up the good work :D
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

samsung
Advanced User
Advanced User

rosies progress and updates

Post by samsung »

:lol: again well done to you both, Rosie is a credit to your devoteted care given to her.
billybluemoor

Post by billybluemoor »

LATEST ON ROSIE.

Rosie operation is scheduled for Tuesday the 25th March at 9-0am.

Rosies present health problems are a result of gross neglect ! As you know, she was in a pitiful state when she was brought to Glenys's, and I'm only too pleased to have been able to help her on her road to recovery. She's such a lovely little dog !!

She is having an extensive growth removed from her left lower eyelid which is rubbing against her eye and causing reccuring eye infections.
She is also having dental treatment. Depending on what the vet finds when he has descaled all the tartar from her back teeth she may have to have two teeth extracted.... let's hope not.
Rosie now weighs 22.8 kilos and the vet says she is unlikely to put much more weight on because of her slight build. She is now at a healthy weight for her size and I'm building her muscle mass up gradually with excersise.

The main thing is that she no longer looks like a skeleton and is now a happy little dog.

She is full of love and will make someone a very affectionate pet !

MARTIN.
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

Well, we've been dusting and hoovering all week and tidying the place up ready for the very important visitors. The children are getting quite excited now! :D
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

I hope you all have a great time tomorrow.
Gosh it's better than "The Oscars" :D : :D

I hope you've got the red carpet ready, Lynne? :D

Seriously tho, Well Done everyone concerned. Have a great day.
Can't wait to see the pics

Love Alison & Rosie XXX