ROSIE has now gone to her new home !

To ensure details to rosie pictures and updates stay secure - this forum is NOT visible to people browsingthe forum - It will only become visible to registered users of this site once they have logged into the forum

Moderator: Forum Moderators

billybluemoor

ROSIE has now gone to her new home !

Post by billybluemoor »

Rosie has now gone to her new home with Alison on Anglesey in North Wales.

I met Alison this lunchtime at the changeover point. Rosie took to her straightaway, giving her a fuss and kisses, Alison is a nice kind Lady who I'm sure will love and take care of Rosie in her twilight years. Alison's home sounds ideal for Rosie and she will have a brother and sister for company. She has a field to play in and is only 5 minutes from the beach.

I've also told Alison that if by any chance things don't work out ok then I'll take her back like a shot !!

There were tears in our house this morning and right up to the last minute it was a very difficult decision, but we couldn't disappoint Alison, who I know has been quite excited about taking Rosie home.

A strange mixture of emotions really.... the satisfaction of a job well done, but also a great deal of sadness at letting her go after becoming part of the family.

The good news is that we are going to stay in a cottage in Caernarvon at the end of May and Alison has invited us to go and visit her and Rosie with Billy and Lady and to meet her two dogs.
And Alison has promised to keep in touch and let us know how Rosie is progressing in her new home.

I'm sure she will be fine !!!

All that leaves me to say now is GOOD LUCK ROSIE ! and THANK YOU to everyone who has donated and supported Rosie throughout !!!

With a Special Thank You to Glenys, and my Vet Mr Locke and his staff.

MARTIN.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Thank you for the update Martin sounds like your family has made a new friend in Alison.

Glenys xx
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

Mission accomplished Martin. Well Done

Love Alison & Rosie XXX (not Anglesey!-this is going to get very confusing :? )
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Alison sorry its me that thought you were at Anglesey I am prone to MOMENTs :oops: please feel free to clear up my mistake.
And thank you so much for taking Rosie xx
CarolynM
Webbyswife
Webbyswife

Post by CarolynM »

I am very confused as well now!! :lol:

Martin and Kathryn, I bet you have had a bittersweet day today but what you did for Rosie has been brilliant - you should be very proud of all the help you have given over the last year to Rosie and not forgetting Bella and Lady.

Rosie is going to have a wonderful time from now on

xx
Carolyn
billybluemoor

Post by billybluemoor »

I think when we hear from 'my' Rosie and Alison it will say ''Alison (Anglesey''), and not Alison, Lancashire !

If Alison ( Anglesey ) decides to just update me personally I will of course pass all the news onto everyone on the site .

MARTIN.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Martin I made a mistake with the original posting she is near anglesey from what I gather.

Anyway folks you need to forgive me at the moment lots on here and dogs coming in all the time I think Sam is thinking of abandoning me and going for a quiter life :wink:
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

Sorry folks :oops: :oops:
My fault for butting in at an inappropriate time and sending a confusing message. Very Sorry :oops:

Alison (Lancs) X
billybluemoor

Post by billybluemoor »

Glenys...your allowed mistakes, especially with the pressure your living with. I'm sure Sam won't abandon you in your hour of need !!! :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Problem Alison ( Lancs :D )

Alison (Anglesey) tells me she does actually live ON the island where dirt roads are the norm, and white lines in the road are a rarity, so it sounds as if she lives in the rural part of the island. She's a lovely Lady and I wouldn't have parted with Rosie if I had any concerns.
I'm sure we'll hear from her soon. We have each others phone numbers and she's promised to email me at home. So as soon as I have any news I'll let you all know !! :)

MARTIN.
Flinty
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Flinty »

Well done Martin.
I am sure Rosie will be happy with Alison (somewhere west of Manchester)
:lol:
A fat dog is just a puppy with a coat on!
billybluemoor

Post by billybluemoor »

Thanks for the laugh Gary...I need it right now :D :D :D
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Well done Kathryn and Martin and everyone at the Rescue. What a lovely end to the story of Rosie's recovery and she sounds as though she is going to have a lovely time.
Jackie
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Aw must have been a hard day for you Martin but a nice one at the same time. If Alison is in Anglesey then it is a lovely place, and Rosie will have a whale of time, the beaches are beautiful.

Jackie xx
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Good luck Rosie.

Must have been adifficult day for you and Kathryn, Martin. Am sure Rosie will love her new home on Anglesey. Molly and Sam love it there. We are going there on holiday again at the end of May so will keep a look out for her :wink:

Alison x (in Stockport! :D )
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

So pleased that the hand over went well Martin. I was thinking of you both as I was travelling towards Stockport this morning! I am sure Rosie has landed on all four paws and is on the beach as I write this enjoying the evening sunshine with her new friends. Keep smiling! :D