Jake UPDATE

Follow the progress of old Jake - recovering under the tender and experienced care of Martin - his foster dad

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Jake UPDATE

Post by Glenys »

Well after a few months of a topsy turvey time for Jake here is the update from Gina.
Gina was hoping to keep jake but some sad circumstances meant she had to consider letting him go to someone with more time.
You may remember poor jake only weighed 26 kilos when he came to rescue he had a tough time previously which we cant publiciise here,fisrtly martin tried to foster him but sadly jake and Lady didnt get on then he came back here then on to Ginas,may I say a big thank you to Martin and Gina for the work they put in and the love they showered on jake who is a star.

He now has a forever home fingers crossed here are the updates.

Just wanted to share my happiness/sadness, Simon and Debbie just left and they have fallen in love with Jake!!! They were quite amazed with how well he looks, and how friendly and relaxed he is

They are a lovely couple, and Jake took to them both (as did I) without any hesitation,

So they are coming to pick him up on Saturday as we all thought it was better to take him early in the day, so he has the day to settle in.

Hello there, just to let you know Jake has gone to new home, he trotted off into the car without a care in the world, me Im in bits, but never mind, its worth it for Jake, my tears are worth it for Jake, Im sure he has now got a wonderful forever home at last, and he so deserves it, It was obvious Simon and Debbie love him to bits already, and for sure he will be well spoilt.

Gina x

Jake at Christmas here at MKF with his favourite Toy

This was his description when he came to us at first.

Jake is severely underweight at just 26 Kilo's, only his thick coat prevents everyone from seeing his bony hips and ribs. He's quite a tall dog who should reasonably weigh around 35 kilo's. Jake has not had the best of times in his past. He is currently in foster care as a kennel environment was not suitable to aid his recovery.Jake is 9 yrs old.But very young at heart!

( Jake also had an injury to his ear which required Vet Treatment. (£196.96p)

A Big thank you to everyone involved especially our kind supporters without which we wouldnt exist.

Glenys and the Team xxx
carolb
Homing Coordinator
Homing Coordinator

Re: Jake UPDATE

Post by carolb »

Aah Bless Jake. So glad he has gone to his forever home now. I hope his new family keep us well informed on his progress. Thanks to Martin and then Gina for taking care of him until now. :1972:
Rehoming co ordinator. Tel 07399559202.
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

What a lovely update, I really feel for you Gina, must be very hard fostering him and then letting him go as they quickly become part of the family. Sounds like he is going to be fine however with his new Mum and Dad, at last this lad has found his final forever family, bless him, he certainly has gone through quite a lot in the last few weeks.

Thanks to everyone for helping him - it is what the Rescue is all about.

Jackie x
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

That is such good news for Jake. I too feel for you Gina - but you have given him a lovely foster home which has been his springboard to his new forever home. Lovely news! :1944:
billybluemoor

Post by billybluemoor »

I'd like to thank everyone concerned in finding Jake a new forever home, especially Gina. I know what you must be going through !!
We only looked after Jake for a short time but we soon became attached to him, sadly, as Glenys said, Jake and Lady didn't get on together and we had to hand him over to another foster home.
Having had the 'hands-on' experience with Jake I was particularly concerned about his future and the prospects of him going to a new home a.s.a.p. But as usual, Glenys and Kathryn have worked their magic, especially around the difficult time of Xmas.
He's such a good natured happy go lucky dog, I'm sure he'll soon settle in to his new home without any problem.

Thank you all once again !! :thumbup:
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

Lovely news that Jake's found his forever home. Gina you've done a wonderful thing for him being there for him when he needed you most. My heart goes out you, as I can only imagine how difficult it was for you to hand him over.
like everyone else I'm looking forward to hearing about how Jake settles in.
Gemma xx
Last edited by Gemma T on 18 Jan 2009, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

We are extremely lucky in that we have this wonderful site which reaches out to many people who care so much and in turn have made our Friends base very big indeed people have taken dogs like Jake to their Hearts and fosterers came forward there were in fact a few people who offered Jake a forever home so thank you to them as well and to his new owners who hopefully will see him safely through his twilight years.
The wonder is that we have two more very urgent appeals at the moment so soon after Christmas Charlie and Bailey and still the support rolls in and the sheer goodwill is overwhelming.
When I think of my first years in rescue and then fast forward to now its totally amzing that the support just keeps on coming.
Even more so this last twelve months I can say hand on heart I can breathe a big sigh of relief that our rescue is safe and we look forward to helping more dogs like Jake Bailey and countless others.

Bless you all for caring xxxx

PS would you believe we have had 28 dogs in through January and its only the 17th ? some havent made it on the site as homes were waiting some are in fostercare.
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Many thanks to Simon & Debbie for giving this boy a new home, look forward to updates...
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

I do hope that Simon and Debbie can find the time to post pictures and let us know how Jake is getting on.
Well done to the whole team who got Jake this far.
Jackie
Flinty
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Flinty »

Congratulations to Jake, Simon and Debbie. I'm sure you'll be very happy together.

A really big well done to Gina and Martin for looking after Jake while he waited for his home.

:1944:
A fat dog is just a puppy with a coat on!
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Thank you Simon and Debbie for giving Jake his forever home in his twighlight years. Thank you Gina and Martin for giving Jake the love he desperatley needed when he came into the rescue.
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Got this email this morning form Simon & Debbie..am sure they will update us soon...

Hi Kathryn
Yes, he is here with us now, an absolute lovely dog, its like he has been with us forever!! I know you said about the week before adoption, but both myself and Debbie wouldn't even consider not having him, regardless of what he was like.

He deserves a good life, he still has sad eyes, but a warm heart.

Regards
Simon, Debbie and Jake.
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Brilliant news. It's lovely hearing about the doggies that have had a tougher time than the others, and it all ends up happy ever after.

Marge xx

:1954: :1954: :1954: :1954: :1954: :1954: :1954: :1954: :1954:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

I can vouch for the sad eyes but he is a happy boy .
Many years ago I fostered an old dog Like jake he was called Tom some times he had a faraway look in his eyes and I wished he could tell me what he was thinking but I know he was happy with us.

Good Luck Jakey Boy we all love you and you have landed on all four paws xxx

Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

I am so, so thrilled for Jake. Thank you Simon and Debbie.

:1952: :1954: :1951: :1944: :1945: :1956:

Gill, Meg and Maisie
xxx