Update on Alf

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Markyc100

Update on Alf

Post by Markyc100 »

We'd had Jack (lab x collie) since a pup and after sadly losing him in July 2011 following a fast progresing yet short illness :crybaby: , Jim our golden lab had become very depressed, disinterested in playing and even less in his walks! His usual bounce had disappeared and he'd gained a lot of weight (funnily enough he never lost interest in his food!). :blue: After lots of deliberation we decided it was time to look into another addition to our brood. Jack was a much loved boy who was going to be VERY hard to replace!

That's when we found homealabrador.net! We'd become a tad addicted to the site checking on a regular basis for all the dogs needing a new home. Alf's gorgeous face had me hook line and sinker! A few days later he still hadn't been rehomed and the odds were in our favour! Once we'd met him there was no chance we were leaving without him when he bounded out of his kennel and won us over...big time! :1971:

He's settled into his new home like he's always been here and after a week of sniffing each other constantly the boys are at one with each other! Jim's happy to have a new buddy and it seems the twinkle in his eye is coming back! :thumbup:

We have well and truly dropped lucky with this boy! He is GORGEOUS! It was going to be no mean feat finding another like Jack but in Alf that is just what we've done! He's so placid! Can't get enough cuddles and just wants to be loved! He can also walk for miles and miles and miles and miles!

Thanks to all at MKF for our beautiful chocolate boy! :love4:

Rachel, Mark, Katie, Lily, Scarlett and Jim! xxx

The boys

Exploring the garden

A nice juicy bone!

Pooped after a long walk!
Last edited by Markyc100 on 05 Mar 2012, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Update on Alf

Post by janhind »

Lovely update, alf certainly seems to have fallen on his feet & settled really quickly.

jan xx
It is never too late.
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

They look as if they have been together for ever. Lovely update lovely piccies.
:love5:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
gillal1
Senior User
Senior User

Post by gillal1 »

Congratulations on adopting Alf he looks georgeous as does Jim,(even their names go well together ) :love5: So pleased you have joined this site and i cant beleive you have managed to get photos on already it took me months.

So happy they are enjoying each others company they look so settled together.Look forward to more updates and pictures.

Gill,Milly and Lilly.
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Wonderful!!!!!

Lovely update :love6: :love6: :love6:

Gill, Meg and Maisie
:love2: :love2: :love2:
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

What gorgeous boys! :love2: :love2: So pleased Alf and Jim are such good friends already. Looking forward to updates and more pictures. :thumbup: Enjoy your walks! :2379: :2379:

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Lovely update on Alf,sounds as if it was meant to be.

Wishing you all much happiness and a long life together.Look forward to further updates.

:love2: :love2:

Kay.xx
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Lovely photos and update thank you
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

:love6: :love6: :love6: Lovely update & pictures. Welcome to the site too :lol:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Think we met your gorgeous Alf when dropping off Mylo - he is one handsome boy :love2:
Lovely to think Jim has a new friend too. Look forward to more photos and updates.

Alison x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Fabulous. :thumbup: Loved the piccys and your two boys are gorgeous. :love5: :love5:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
carolb
Homing Coordinator
Homing Coordinator

Post by carolb »

Lovely to hear Alf has settled so well. Glad you are all pleased with him. :bravo:
Rehoming co ordinator. Tel 07399559202.
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Love the piccys of your two gorgeous boys :love2: :love2:

Alf looks so happy and content you would think he had been with you all his life.

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Robins View

Post by Robins View »

Aww, I love a happy ending! :love2:

It must have been so difficult losing Jack, and finding a new friend for Jim, so pleased that Alf has brought sunshine in to all your lives again. :love5:

Carol xx
baileysbunny

Post by baileysbunny »

How wonderful that you found Alf - such a beautiful Choc Lab friend for Jim. They look so content and at ease with one another. Our 2 labs are inseperable - we rescued Oscar from MKF 2 1/2 years ago after our first labrador died.

The pain and heartache of losing a dog is something awful but you have most certainly done the right thing and brought life and happiness into your and Jim's lives again.

Best wishes to you all x
Jacqueline, Oscar & Oakley (Choc Labs)