Monty one year on

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

christineredfearn1
New User
New User

Monty one year on

Post by christineredfearn1 »

It is really hard to believe that Monty has been with us for one year. He is still adorable and the whole village seems to love him. He goes into our local post office and newsagents as if he has always done it. They love to see him. He visits the local care home where the eldest resident is 104 and they love to see him. He visits one of our elderly neighbours, where he gets the run of the house, and they play ball with him in the hallway. It is hard to tell who enjoys it most. He goes to training school once a week with me and is doing really well. He has learned to deal with the dogs there, outside is still a bit of an issue. He is also a child magnet, children just love to touch him and he loves the attention.
He has been doing flyball for the last few weeks, and last week was his first outdoor training, I was worried that he would jump the fence and run, but he didn't, he came straight back to me. So looks promising for the recall.
At night Monty settles in his bed in the kitchen, but every morning he comes into our bedroom and nudges one of us, then goes round the bed and nudges the other, it is as if he is checking that we are still there. I think he has probably realised that he is staying here and going nowhere.
I have just completed the forms to make him a P.A.T. dog, I will keep you informed as to his progress with this.
Enjoy the picture of Monty relaxing in the sun.
gillal1
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Monty one year on

Post by gillal1 »

Monty what a lucky boy you are to have found the perfect home for you . :love5:
It sounds as though you have a very busy social life.

You look very chilled laying in the sun and are very handsome.
Good luck with the flyball and would be lovely to hear how he gets on with the possibility of becoming a P.A.T dog.
How old is Monty (Is it Christine)?
Lovely update and piccy.
Gill,Milly and Lilly.
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Oh Monty you gorgeous and popular boy, :love2: what a wonderful life you have!

Happy 1st Gotcha.
:occasion7: :2361: :2389:

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
LindaMJ
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by LindaMJ »

What a totally beautiful dog, and so popular, making so many people happy, wonderful news. :love3:
Lin

Harley in Paradise, so full of love and joy. (adopted 2.7.07 from MKF. Passed away 3.02.12 at just 9 years).
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

What a fabulous update and what a handsome chap Monty is. Glad he is enjoying life to the full :2389:

Alison x
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

What a fantastic update,sounds as if he has brought a lot of pleasure to a lot of people.

Loved the picture of Monty,he is gorgeous. :love5: :love5:

Kay.xx
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

A really lovely update he's such a handsome boy too :love2: :love2:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador