I would like to introduce my lovely rescued boys!

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nicky181

I would like to introduce my lovely rescued boys!

Post by nicky181 »

Hello everybody

I am new to this site, but I have been an avid stalker for months. I have to get my fix daily and check out what is happening. I am addicted, just as I am to the Labs of this world. I have grown up with Labs from being a baby and I could not imagine a house without one.

I have decided to introduce you all to my lovely boys, Firstly we have Connor, he is ten years old and was rescued through the centre as his owners no longer wanted him. Glenys was most kind and found him quiclky after I had just lost my previous rescued dog a week before to old age. Connor came from a home where he had been locked in a garage all day and night with a toilet bowl to drink from, sadly he has developed some strange habbits which I feel come from this. We have had Connor for 5 years now and he is a real character, he is your typical happy lab, loves his walks, his dinner and his bed (he snores all the time) He has a habbit of licking the kitchen floor, living room and hallway for approx an hour a day!! (my 5 yr old says 'mummy Connor is making lilly pads on the floors again!!) Who cares, he is happy and you never know there might be a spec of food somewhere!!

Onto Oscar, I decided to get Connor a little friend - Oh boy was I going to be in for it - I saw an article in a local newspaper for a golden Lab that needed to be rescued, softy here decided to respond to the add and then drive to Warrington with my 2yr old daughter and her favourite pink fluffy pig to meet this dog. When we arrived this very naughty, big, bouncy golden labrador met us and tore the pigs nose off!!!!! I found it very funny but my daughter was having none of him........ I spoke with the lady and decided I would come back with my husband and perhaps take him out again. In the meantime the lady from waw rang me and advised me that they had an urgent Lab coming in from an alcaholic, who was thin and very dirty and not too sure of his background, and he is about 1 ish, would I be interested. To cut a long story short, we turned up at 7pm at night to collect Oscar who looked like a Black Lab, when we got him home and washed him he was Chocolate!!!!!!! Oscar was not very keen on Connor and I started to think what have I done! (not the correct way to go about it I know, but I did say it was complicated) We booked him in the vets for the full hit, we weren't very popular when he came home with a bucket on his head and his 'yours trulys' missing. After a couple of months and a lot of patience he turned out to be a smashing dog.

Oscar and Connor are now both inseperable, we have many a happy hour in this house with our two silliest members of the family. They are both charging round the garden with Christmas ribbons on and a squeeky turkey in Oscars mouth, as I type. Oh and my 5yr old is in the loop to!!!!!

I could go on forever, but I must get ready for tonight, thanks to everybody at the rescue and you have our total support for the fantastic jobs that you all do.

Wishing everybody the very best for 2008! and special thoughts for poor little Blaise.

Regards

Nicky

[URL=http://s275.photobucket.com/albums ... .jpg[/img][/url]
Last edited by nicky181 on 31 Dec 2007, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Thank you for sharing that Nicky have you any photos ?

Glenys x
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

Hi Nicky, they sound like real characters, we'd love to see more photos, jan xx
It is never too late.
nicky181

I think I have sussed it

Post by nicky181 »

I hope that this link works - it has taken me ages!! not that good with these technical devices!!!!!

Nicky
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Thanks Nicky for your story,also great to hear that if you hang on in there it all works out in the end, you would not beleive the people that want things to happen immedietly,but you hung on in there and now you have two wonderful dogs..and they are a credit to you.
Thanks for your support and hope you have a Happy New Year.
dogspaw
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by dogspaw »

Thank you for sharing your story, Nicky. You have two lovely dogs there, the photo of them shows what friends they are.
Jill
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

great picture we love to see pictures and news on any Labs xx
nicky181

Click the photo

Post by nicky181 »

Hi everybody

Thanks for the kind words, as I explained I am new to this - I don't think that I have uploaded the link correctly - if you click on it there is a little slide show to enjoy of my boys. I hope to get better at this the more that I use the site.

Nicky
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Lovely pictures Nicky - slideshow works beautifully...very impressed. I am learning the technical bits as I go also, not as good as you yet, I only managed to upload two pictures of my two girls!

Jackie xx