our new best friend Bill

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

billsmate

our new best friend Bill

Post by billsmate »

We adopted Bill on Sunday 23rd December and he is the best Christmas present my wife and I could have wished for.

We had been without a dog for 3 years since our previous rescue dog Lucy had to be put to sleep with cancer. We both work long hours and felt it wasnt fair to leave a dog all day on its own, but now I work from home 3 days a week, and we have doggy day care for the other days, we felt we could offer a dog a good home.

We were 'just going for a look' but when we saw Bill on that Sunday we couldnt bear to leave him. He jumped straight into the back of the estate car as if he did it every day, and ever since has acted like he has always lived with us. We were told his previous owners had become too poorly to look after him but all credit to them they have taught him manners and he knows lots of commands. We were told he pulls on the lead, (at 42Kgs he is very strong!) but boy has he come to the right place as I have an eBay and internet business selling Premier Gentle Leader easy walk harnesses and other accessories. He no longer pulls on the lead!

I want to thank the rescue centre for letting us have Bill, and congratulate them on the work they do. (I have photos but I havent worked out how to attach them!) :?
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

Hi Derek and welcome. Bill sounds as if he has really settled in with your wife and you. We'd love to see photos. Most folk here use photobucket to upload their photos.

www.photobucket.com
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
nicky181

Post by nicky181 »

Hi Derek

What a lovely story and how nice that Bill had a home for Christmas! Can't wait to see a photo, and can you email me your ebay shop name, wouldn't mind a look at the doggy gadgets.

Nicky
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Thanks for giving Bill a lovely new home you can always send them to any of us and we will happily put them on for you, we all use "Photobucket" first load them onto there the click on the IMG copy & paste then click on the IMG again and hopefully they should come out, Ian I am sure will help you if you get stuck, :)

Love to see Bill in his new home.
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Hi Derek

So lovely to hear that Bill has firmly become your new 4 legged friend. Look forward to seeing some pictures.

Jackie
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

Hi Derek, and welcome from me too, very happy to hear bill has settled in so well, look forward to the photos. jan xx
It is never too late.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

welcome to our site and what a lovely story
LabRes1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LabRes1 »

Let me have details of your ebay shop - i'll put a link on the site for you -

If you have chance to mention us on your page somewhere that would be great
billsmate

our new best friend Bill. Pictures

Post by billsmate »

Hopefully I have done this correctly and the photos are there. As the second one shows, he is not stressed!

Thank you to all that have welcomed me to the forum. Eileen, thanks for telling me about photobucket.

Nicki 181. My eBay shop is at http://stores.ebay.co.uk/friends-of-fid ... ccessories. I also have www.friendsoffido.co.uk where the items are the same price but include postage.

i will put a link on my site to the Labrador rescue.

I have one question that someone may be able to answer. As Bill is such a good dog, and a credit to his previous owners, I wondered how they must be feeling to have had to give him up, particularly so close to Christmas. We have their address from the vets records, but would it be a good thing to write to them assuring them of his well being, or would it just upset them more? Its difficult to know when you dont know all the circumstances. Is this something the Rescue does? Would the previous owners get to know that he is fine?

What do you think?

I use a Premier Gentle Leader Easy Walk Harness on Bill. This is different to the Canac Gentle leader, and is remarkably effective. As far as I know I am the only person selling these in the UK.
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Have pmd you. :)
CarolynM
Webbyswife
Webbyswife

Post by CarolynM »

Bill is a really handsome boy - you are right he doesn't look stressed at all :D
Carolyn
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

Bill is gorgeous, he looks really settled, maybe his previous owners check the site, if so they will be very pleased that he has a lovely new home, jan xx
It is never too late.