Ted

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Aitch

Ted

Post by Aitch »

Hi everyone, I am Ted.
I landed at my new home a few weeks back after a one night stop at MKF, so I missed out on the mug shot for the website.
I now live in a cottage in a small hamlet in the south Pennines along with two cats, what a place, straight out the door with no roads to cross and into the fields and up onto the moors or down to the woods and the river (I love water).
What’s even better, I have two lovely new girlfriends who sometimes come for walks with me and they even stop for sleepovers.
I used to play a lot of chasing a ball, still do in the fields, but the walks are even better. I am discovering loads of things I had never seen before, but how do you get over stiles?
I think I was a bit unfit as my new bestist friend kept wearing me out every day on the walks, but I am now starting to look as though I work out at the gym.
Think we are off to Scotland later in the year, does anyone know what Munroe’s are?
Laters.

Ted

Notes from Ted’s new Dad.
Ted is an absolute dream, he settled immediately into the house although he is still a little anxious at times. He responds well to basic commands and is learning new commands very quickly.
People in the village have welcomed Ted and are so pleased for us all having shared in the loss of Barney, our previous rescue Lab, back in May at the age of 14 years.
It is clear that Ted’s main exercise was to chase a ball. In his new life going out walking and let him learn to be a dog is so very rewarding especially as he is off the lead virtually all the time. Ted will now walk through a field of sheep without showing any interest in them.
We are so lucky to be given the opportunity to share Ted’s life, thank you to everyone at LRNW.

Howard
PS How do you up load photo's on to the site from desktop?
Last edited by Aitch on 18 Jul 2012, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Re: Ted

Post by Glenys »

Well done Ted for landing on all four paws with a great new home and family .

xx
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Hi and welcome

So pleased Ted has found such a wonderful home and family. :love3: Looking forward to lots more updates and photos. :thumbup: Sure somone will be along soon with clear instructions for posting pics.

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
gillal1
Senior User
Senior User

Post by gillal1 »

Welcome Ted :wave: What a fantastic lifestyle you have found for yourself, so pleased you are posting and photos would be good as well when your dad has mastered it,sorry I am not the one for that task, but as Anne has said someone will help.

Sorry Howard to hear about the loss of your dear friend Barney, I am sure he would be happy you were able to find room in your heart to adopt Ted (love his name I imagine him black is he?
Look forward to Teds pictures.
Gill,Milly and Lilly
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Hi Ted,

Sounds like you have a lovely life now and I am so pleased for you - enjoy :thumbup:

Here are some instructions for your Dad on how to upload your pics onto the forum:

To put pics on you need to open an account with photobucket - http://www.photobucket.com

Upload your pics to your photobucket account - its free by the way - and once you have done that you copy the link to the pics into your posting

With the picture on screen - select the text from within the IMG Code- Forums & Bulletin Boards box at bottom right of screen and paste the text into your posting where you want the picture to appear.

Hope this helps - look forward to seeing your pics

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

You have done well for yourself by the sounds of it Ted. Hooray :lol: :lol:

In my opinion the Pennines is the best place to be (except for the weather!)

Looking forward to some piccys together with the wonderful scenery and more updates of your adventures.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Makky
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Makky »

Sooo pleased you've found yourself a wonderful new home Ted :love2: it would be lovely to see some photo's :1951:
Bill Sandra & Rosie xx

Elwood 2000-2011
Sam 1988-2000

For ever in our hearts
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Lovely story about Ted's new home - not really sure about 2 girls having sleepovers?

Hilary, Tuppence William & Rowley
xx
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Thank you everyone for your welcome.
Pictures now posted, will get more posted as I train my Dad.

Scotland booked for late August, staying with my Dad's mother in law (who loves dogs) in a big house with a massive garden and endless walks plus a river very close by - heaven. Going to work on Mother in Law to adopt an oldie, a Lab would be great company for her.

Ted
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

O'h Ted what a gorgeous boy you are :love2: :love2: lovely update from you & Dad. Your new life sounds wonderful. Good luck & enjoy :thumbup: welcome to the site too

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Ted What a beautiful boy you are :love4: :love4: :love4:

Your Mum and Dad are so lucky that you found them. :love2:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Ted - you are a very handsome boy and I love your pics, I am sure Dad will get the hang of posting more pics when you have him fully trained - maybe some lovely pics of your holidays in Scotland.

Have a lovely time :love2: :love2:

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Judynjake04
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Judynjake04 »

Oh what a handsome boy you are Ted and so lucky to have a wonderfull new start, enjoy your hols, :2086:
Leonette x :thumbup:
Leonette, Stuart and Rosie
gillal1
Senior User
Senior User

Post by gillal1 »

Beautiful pictures you are a handsome boy. Await your holiday pictures am sure they will be amazing of Scotland :love2:

Would be good if you could talk your mother in law to adopt an oldie,some people just dont know what they are missing to they have had it.
:2379:

Gill,Milly and Lilly
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Hello All

One month past already, where did the time go and it has finally stopped raining, the sun is shining – and the farmers are cutting the lovely long grass I enjoy chasing through.

Dad keeps taking me to different places in the car for walks so now when we set of I have to check whether to run down the bridle path or go to the car. I give him the big eyes and wagging tale before he points in which direction we are going.

I have posted another photo (especially for Lins, Molly and Scooby who like the Pennines). This is about half an hours walk from where I now live. We were supposed to be out for 2hours on this walk but it was such a lovely evening we just continued walking; we had been out for 3 hours at this point.

Had great fun on Sunday entertaining two little children. They were laughing at me as I was swimming in the stream where they were paddling, then I showed them my party trick which got even got their Mum and Dad laughing too. I love diving under the water with just my tail sticking out of the water.

Must tell you what I did to Dad. He has been showing me where to get drinking water when we are out. He sat down next to a horse trough full of fast running water that was lovely and clear. He cupped some water up to encourage me to drink. I started lapping but then wanted to see what was at the bottom of the trough so I stuck my head under the water to have look. When you have large ears they fill with water, so I shook my head before he had time to move. He was nice and cool down one side!

Just found out yesterday evening what a proper moorland bog is like, right up to my chest, I smelt lovely but Dad didn’t think so.

Love Ted.