Henry nearly a year on :o)

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kirsten

Henry nearly a year on :o)

Post by Kirsten »

I can't believe it'll soon be a year from when we adopted Henry form MKF. I thought it might be an idea to give a little update on how he's getting on.

Well it took him a good few months to settle properly, from the start he was adorable, a really loving dog but he showed his stress by chewing anything he could put into his mouth (I've lost numerous pairs of shoes & we've had to replace the kitchen lino!) luckily he's over that now & only chews what he's meant to! LOL!

I think he feels secure in the knowledge this is his forever home now as he's started to bark to protect us, something he never did to begin with he just wanted to cuddle everyone! B ut if someone comes to door that he doesn't know now he really lets them know that they'd better watch out this is his family.

I read in the Rescue feedback about the rescue not giving to families with young children. Well all I can is Glenys knows what she's doing, when we adopted Henry our youngest daughter, Rebecca was 3 years old. We arrived at MKF together to see Henry, Glenys let us play with Henry & spend time with him so she could observe how we all got on with each other & luckily for us she decided we would be a suitable family for Henry 8)

I would like to say a big thank you to Glenys and the rescue team for the fabulous job you do & for making our family more complete by letting us adopt Henry.

Here's Henry & Rebecca having a cuddle.

Thanks again,

Kirsten

Image[/img]
Flinty
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Flinty »

Thanks for sharing a great story (even if I did have to re read it because I thought you said we've had to replace the Kitten ..Lino).
Lovely photo as well.
A fat dog is just a puppy with a coat on!
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Lovely Photo Kirsten and thank you for the kind comments.

I try my best but sadly I dont please everyone :oops:

I am happy to hear Henry is agood boy thanks for giving him such a wonderful home xxx
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

What a lovely photo. Henry really looks part of the family.
Jackie
("Mum" in the past to a wall-eater, a carpet un-raveller and a curtain puller-downer - my present lab Max is an absolute gentleman except that he likes to play "tunnels" through people's legs)
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

What a nice photo, looks like they will be friends forever, jan xx
It is never too late.