Alfie's Christmas

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AHappyAlfie
New User
New User

Alfie's Christmas

Post by AHappyAlfie »

Hi all. Well it's been over 6 months since we were lucky to be chosen to give our handsome Chocy Alfie a home and it's all passed so quick. We moved house in November and it didn't phase him at all and he loves his new bigger garden so much that the new turf doesn't stand a chance of surviving the winter lol. Still as long as he's happy. He settled in so well and was so chilled about the whole thing I think he's been here before. His first Christmas with us was a picture as he got the most presents and insisted on opening every one himself (is it sad we wrapped them all?) and the pic below shows him exhausted after his presenthon! Also before we moved we sold our old sofa and had a week on camping chairs and I still can't get my head around how he managed to get on them. Still new house he has a sofa to himself as you can see. He really has made our family complete and he has a new best friend in Buster a 2 yo yellow lab who is perhaps looking for a new home and might find one with us if we can make the necessary arrangements. As he was brought into the rescue with his brother we have always thought a friend would complete his happiness. We shall see and keep you all posted. Happy New Year to all the rescue. You have given us the most wonderful gift and good luck to all and will keep in touch. Thanks for all the lovely comments on our previous posts.

Paul, Leona, Ella and Alfie Dog. Xx

Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Alfie's Christmas

Post by Melliott »

Mum says to let you know she loves your pics :love5:

Will let you into a secret, we get our pressies wrapped too, and we have tags on them so we know which is which, I mean I wouldn't want a girls toy would I and I don't do pink that's for girlies.

Love Barney and Molly (the girlie) Xx
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Great piccys. The one on the camping chair made me laugh out loud :rofl:

As for wrapping presents - Molly and Scooby had theirs wrapped.

Molly unwrapped hers so carefully, you could have used the paper again. As for Scooby, well.........guess! I never knew wrapping paper could be so comprehensively shredded to bits. :1966:

Oh, and by the way, they do well in pairs (hint, hint) :thumbup:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

I too love the camping chair pic! Alfie looks utterly adorable! X
Emma
baileysbunny

Post by baileysbunny »

Oh Alfie - you are just gorg and what a lucky boy you are. You are so like our Oscar when we rescued him back in August 2009.

So lovely you have found your forever home. x

Jacqueline, Oscar and Oakley xxx
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

That Camping Chair Photo is the best!

What a gorgeous boy. And yes, Lily also has her presents wrapped!

Jane
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Love the camping chair photo :love5: , it would make a brilliant calendar picture. What a gorgeous boy Alfie is he certainly looks happy. :thumbup:

Yes George has his presents wrapped and enjoys shredding the wrapping paper :1967: we are all mad on here. :rofl:

Joan x
Joan and George x
Yvonne Walsh
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Yvonne Walsh »

The photo of Alfie on the chair made me chuckle! What a beautiful dog he is! It's so lovely to see photos of all the dogs from the rescue - what an amazing job Glenys and her team do! Xx
Yvonne (and Molly)
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

What a lovely account of Alfie' s first Christmas with you. Now there's a dog who has landed on all four paws :1958: Clearly loved to bits. That chair picture is brilliant :rofl:

Yes, we wrap Jess and Tilly's presents :thumbup: Jess thinks the best bit is opening them :rofl: . She liked helping everyone else open theirs as well. :1968:

We've had the girls together for 2 years now, and I have to say, having 2 is fabulous. Hubby wasn't too keen on having two for a long while.....you should see him now! :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: Completely besotted with the two of them. It's lovely.
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Brill I love these updates :thumbup:
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Lovely update and piccys :love5:

Milo Zak & Max also had all their pressies wrapped up complete with tags although I have to say it was more of a free for all :1968:

I must admit I always think it's nice if they have a friend to play and cuddle up with.

Keep us posted and by the way Alfie is a gorgeous boy :love2:

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Patmar »

What a gorgeous boy.

I also wrap all the boys presents - my son comes up on Christmas day with his six labs so with my three as well it is utter chaos!!

Love

Pat, Zach, Jake and Yogi

x x x x
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Lovely update & pictures especially of him sat on the camping chair :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wrap presents too & Millie loves unwrapping them :thumbup:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Smashing photos and Alfie is gorgeous!
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn