SIMBA

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

suekil
New User
New User

SIMBA

Post by suekil »

We adopted Simba in December 2013. He is a lovely old boy and has settled in very well. He is very spritely for his age & loves to chase a ball. He is also very affectionate & never stops wagging his tail.
His kennel club name is 'Apple Spritzer' and he will be 11 in July 2014.
So pleased we got him - he has filled the gap left in our lives since our last lovely lab died.
Thank you for letting us adopt him.
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Re: SIMBA

Post by Willow »

Thank you for a lovely update on your gorgeous boy, Simba. He's a great advert for the fit & active oldies that are often overlooked purely because of their age.

We love hearing about one another's rescue dogs.. and there are literally hundreds on here.. thanks to this marvellous rescue. Please keep the updates coming; and photos of Simba would be the icing on the cake :thumbup:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

A lovely update thank you :love3:
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Megsmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Megsmum »

What a lovely update! I've just looked back to see a photo of Simba and what a gorgeous chap he is! :love4: So pleased he has settled in well and brought you happiness again. Looking forward to hearing more about Simba in the future. :thumbup:
Helen and Merry x

Remembering my beautiful Meg 1992-2008 and my darling Mollie 2009-2018
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Lovely update on Simba, thanks for sharing.

Hilary, Tuppence & Rowley
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Great update :love5:

Having adopted an older doggy in the past, it's so very rewarding to give them a lovely home, and so many of them are still very fit and active.

Simba is so lucky to have found you, and it sounds as though he'll be bringing you much pleasure for a good while yet.
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Loved your update on Simba, and I also looked back, he's so handsome. Thank you for sharing. :love3:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
scubakim
Senior User
Senior User

Post by scubakim »

A sneaky look back from me too. He really is a handsome chap. So pleased he has found his forever home and has clearly brought much happiness into your lives. 'Old Dogs are The Best Dogs' :love2:
Kim, Murphy & Amy x

suekil
New User
New User

Post by suekil »

Sadly we lost Simba very unexpectedly on Tuesday (18th Nov 2016) - he was 13. We had him almost 3 years (adopted Dec 2013) & we were looking forward to a few more years.
He was a lovely,happy dog & I miss him so much. I can honestly say, we have had 4 labs, and although he was with us the shortest time, he was the most affectionate dog we have had. He followed me everywhere & I can't get used to the quiet house without his thumping tail & the sound of his paws pottering around after me. Everyone who met him loved him.
R.I.P. my lovely Simba, I will miss you for ever my little monkey. xx
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

I'm so sorry that you have had to say goodbye to your lovely boy Simba, he was obviously a very special chap who brought you a lot of happiness.
Thinking of you,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

So very sorry to read this post. I'm sorry you have had to say goodbye to your beloved Simba. Most of us on here know what you are going through. You obviously have some fabulous memories of your time together, and I hope these keep you strong. Thinking of you at this very sad time.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

So sorry to read that you have lost your beloved Simba, he sounds like the perfect gent and must have left a huge hole in your heart. My heart goes out to you as it's such a shock when they leave us. I sincerely hope that all your happy memories over the past three years will, in time, help you to remember Simba with a smile and bring you some comfort.
Joan and George x
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

So sorry to read to read you have lost your beautiful boy Simba. We love all of our dogs but there is the odd one that comes along and somehow seems to be that little bit different from the rest, Simba sounds like one of those special ones. Thinking of you all.

Run free at the bridge Simba sweetheart.

Jackie x
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

Aw just seen this, so sorry.

Sleep well Simba. :love2:
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

So sorry for you to read this. Simba sounds a lovely boy and I can imagine how you do miss him padding around after you. He obviously felt loved by you and appointed you "No.1 Special Human". I hope it gives you comfort in time to know you made him secure and happy,and that you can smile at the memories of the things he did.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma